The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica SL (digital)

vieri

Storm at sunset at Playa Barrika, Basque Country

Storm at sunset at amazing Playa Barrika in the Basque Country, taken during the Workshop I led las September in Asturias and the Atlantic Coast of Spain. Leica SL, Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-90mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

scott kirkpatrick

Re: Tracking changes around me

The last time I took this pano (with an SWC and a digital back), we had just moved into a new building with a view from its roof back to the western edge of Jerusalem. Since then several new buildings have appeared, a national library is under construction, the stadium in the middle foreground got ungraded to international standards... The picture is a panorama based on 8 shots with the CL and an 18mm SE-M @f/8. ISO 100@1/400.

C1000952 Panorama by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

scott

vieri

El Picon, Asturias

"El Picon", the Pickaxe, is one of Asturias most recognisable features. Photograph taken at sunrise during the Workshop I led in Spain last fall. Leica SL, Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-90mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters. Can't wait to be back there!

Thanks for viewing, best regards

Vieri

vieri

Playa de Portizuelo in black & white

Playa de Portizuelo in black & white, a long exposure taken during the Workshop I led in Asturias last fall. Leica SL, Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-90mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

Vieri

RMR

After a recent overnight snowstorm it was a great morning to go out with the SL. This is the Parker River in eastern Massachusetts.
SL, 24-90mm at 56mm, f6.3, iso200, /250sec
L1090571_SL601_RMR_Feb_2018_FB-2.jpg

RMR

"Hey, there's an open bench over here".....

Today, March 3rd in Gloucester,MA. 1/3200 Sec capture at f7.1
L1090758_SL601_RMR_Mar_2018-Edit_FB-2.jpg

HL4x10BW

Re: Playa de Portizuelo in black & white

Ciao Vieri,

The mood in this shot is surreal. As always, a fantastic exposure.:thumbup:

Hugo

RMR

Taken at the start of the March 13, 2018 Blizzard here in New England. I have no problem going out in snow or rain with my SL!
Leica SL, 24-90mm SL at 41mm, iso400, f7.1, 1/160sec

L1100234_SL601_RMR_Mar_2018_FB.jpg

RMR

'A January Morning'....
15 minutes after the sun rose it was still dark. Hey, that's Winter in New England! One of the boardwalks leading to the beach on Plum Island in Massachusetts.
Leica SL, 24-90mm at 24mm, f10, 1/40 sec at iso200 on a tripod
L1080059_SL601_RMR_Jan_2018-Edit_FB-2.jpg

RMR

Sandy Point at the end of Plum Island (in MA), processed to taste....darker, kind of gloomy as it felt that way!
Leica SL601, 15mm Voight Lens at f9, iso400, 1/80sec

L1100459_SL601_RMR_Mar_2018_FB-2.jpg

vieri

Playa de Mexota, Asturias

After almost two months on the road, I am finally back home and ready to post again! Taken during the Workshop I led in Asturias last fall, this is beautiful Playa de Mexota at Sunset. Leica SL, Voigtlander 15mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

Vieri

vieri

The Arch at Gatklettur, Iceland

Today, something from Iceland: The Arch at Gatklettur, here portrayed at sunrise during one of the Workshops I led in Iceland last December is one of the lesser known - but not less amazing - beautiful landscapes of Iceland. With the Leica SL, Voigtlander 15mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Vieri

vieri

Wading your way to a photo: The Arch at Campiecho

It takes wading in the ocean, water chest high, to get to the Arch at Playa de Campiecho with high enough tide for the cave to be filled with water, and then some more wading into the cave to get the photograph: but the feeling and the view from in there are simply amazing! Taken at sunset during the Workshop I led in Asturias last year with Leica SL, Voigtlander 15mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

Vieri

vieri

Madonna di Vitaleta

A much less seen view of the most photographed Madonna di Vitaleta chapel, in Tuscany (Italy) taken during one of my Workshop One-on-One's misty morning's sunrise. Leica SL, Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-90mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

Vieri

vieri

Stormy weather at El Picon, Asturias

A dramatic morning at El Picon, taken during the Workshop I led in Asturias (Spain) last fall. Leica SL, Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-90mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

Vieri

vieri

Sunset at Diamond Beach, Iceland. Leica SL

Dreamy sunset at the amazing Diamond Beach at Jokulsarlon, in Iceland, taken during a Workshop I led there last December. Leica SL, Leica Super-Elmar-M 21mm f/3.4 and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Vieri