The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica SL (digital)

RMR

Lobster traps at Pigeon Cove in Rockport, MA with the SL and the 24-90 at 60mm, f3.7, iso200, 1/2500 sec
L1100610_SL601_RMR_Apr_2018_FB.jpg

vieri

Beautiful Playa de Mexota, Asturias

A beautiful sunset at Playa de Mexota, taken during a Workshop I led in Asturias (Spain) last fall. Leica SL, Voigtlander 15mm v. III and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Hello Vieri

I often asked myself , how do you attach the firecrest filters to your 15mm VOIGTLÄNDER .
You very often mentioned that combination .
Can you show an image of the filter adaption ? ? ?

vieri

Hello Vieri

I often asked myself , how do you attach the firecrest filters to your 15mm VOIGTLÄNDER .
You very often mentioned that combination .
Can you show an image of the filter adaption ? ? ?
Hello Jurgen,

thank you for your message - yes of course, in fact I can do one better and show you this:

https://vieribottazzini.com/2016/08/surgery-voigtlander-super-wide-heliar-15mm-iii.html

this is how I did it, but of course all classic warnings apply :)

Best regards,

Vieri

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Hello Jurgen,

thank you for your message - yes of course, in fact I can do one better and show you this:

https://vieribottazzini.com/2016/08/surgery-voigtlander-super-wide-heliar-15mm-iii.html

this is how I did it, but of course all classic warnings apply :)

Best regards,

Vieri
Thank you Vieri for your reply . I was very well aware of that delicate rework . I think Guy Mancuso
performed that rework already some years ago . Although I have quite some fine mechanical skills and also the machines to do complicated work , I always refused to do that for the HELIAR 15 III .
I remember , that I read about an adapter for the HELIAR 15 III , made by a small asian company , but can't remember the name any more . Perhaps you know more ? ? ?

RMR

When the weather outside is lousy and my wife gets flowers for the dining room table that means I take a flower or two down to my home studio and take some photos! Here's a recent one with the SL, 24-90mm lens at 50mm, iso 200, f4 and 1/160 sec. This camera and lens combo is really superlative!
L1100629_SL601_RMR_Apr_2018_FB.jpg

vieri

Thank you Vieri for your reply . I was very well aware of that delicate rework . I think Guy Mancuso
performed that rework already some years ago . Although I have quite some fine mechanical skills and also the machines to do complicated work , I always refused to do that for the HELIAR 15 III .
I remember , that I read about an adapter for the HELIAR 15 III , made by a small asian company , but can't remember the name any more . Perhaps you know more ? ? ?
Hello Jurgen,

yes there is the Bombo adapter, but the manufacturing is definitely sub-par. I used it for the 10mm Voigt and I had TWO of them fall apart by themselves... and they don't come cheap.

Best regards,

Vieri

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Hello Jurgen,

yes there is the Bombo adapter, but the manufacturing is definitely sub-par. I used it for the 10mm Voigt and I had TWO of them fall apart by themselves... and they don't come cheap.

Best regards,

Vieri
Thank you Vieri .

I think of finding an other solution . Do you think it would make sense to contact Voigtänder . They surely know about this issue or do you think , they just don't want to improve that fantastic lens ?

vieri

Thank you Vieri .

I think of finding an other solution . Do you think it would make sense to contact Voigtänder . They surely know about this issue or do you think , they just don't want to improve that fantastic lens ?
You are very welcome. About contacting Voigtlander why not - give it a shot. I think they know about the issue, but it might help to remind them :)

Best regards,

Vieri

vieri

Misty Sunrise at Poggio Covili, Tuscany

Misty sunrise at Poggio Covili, in Tuscany (Italy), taken during a Workshop I led there in 2017. Leica SL, Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-90mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

Vieri

vieri

Amazing Playa de Aguilar, Asturias

Amazing Playa de Aguilar at sunrise, taken while exploring new locations right after my Workshop in Asturias and the Atlantic (Spain) last September. Leica SL, Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-90mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

Vieri

RMR

A photo from one of my workshops just recently in Portsmouth, NH. Taken with my SL, 50mm Summilux SL lens at f5.6, iso 50, 1/500sec. Only Lightroom processing for this image.

L1110877_SL601_RMR_May_2018_FB.jpg

vieri

Vernazza at Sunrise, Cinque Terre

Vernazza at sunrise, taken during a Workshop I led in Le Cinque Terre (Italy) in Spring 2017. Leica SL, Voigtlander 15mm v. III and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

Vieri

RMR

I went out one morning looking this week for fog as there was some around the house. By the time I got to this location in Amesbury, MA it was gone. Got reflections instead!
Leica SL, 24-90mm SL, iso 400, f6.3, 1/320 sec

L1120696_SL601_RMR_May_2018-Edit_FB.jpg

vieri

Playa de Pendueles at Sunrise

Sunrise at Playa de Pendueles, taken right after my Workshop in Asturias (Spain) last October while exploring for new locations. Leica SL, Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-90mm @ 24mm and filters Formatt-Hitech Firecrest.

Vieri

RMR

Steampunk Festival in Waltham, MA this past Saturday was a great day to walk around and catch portraits with my SL and my 50mm SL Summilux lens! I only used the 50mm SL 'Lux all day and with apertures of f1.4 to f2. Was fun!

L1000333_SL601_RMR_May_2018-Edit_FB.jpg
Fox Keri

L1000300_SL601_RMR_May_2018_FB.jpg

L1000434_SL601_RMR_May_2018_FB.jpg

vieri

Spectacular Reynisfjara at sunrise, Iceland

Reynisfjara's iconic sea stacks at Sunrise, taken in Iceland during a Workshop I led there in February. Leica SL, Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-90mm and filters Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra.

Vieri