The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica SL (digital)

vieri

Majestic Vestrahorn at dusk, Iceland

Vestrahorn at dusk, a long exposure taken just before one of my Workshops One-on-One in Iceland last February. Leica SL, Voigtlander 15mm v. III and filters Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra.

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

scott kirkpatrick

Re: MIT Envy?

Our university buildings all have perfectly good names, usually from a donor family, but lately we've been putting numbers on everything. Leading up to this sort of signage:

S1020164 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr SL, SVE16-35@35

The strange spelling is because "o" and "u" both map into vav (ו) in Hebrew.

vieri

Val d'Orcia Cypresses, B&W

Val d'Orcia Cypresses, a long exposure taken during a Workshop I led in Tuscany (Italy) in Spring 2017. Leica SL, Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-90mm and filters Formatt-Hitech Firecrest.

Vieri

RMR

The famous and very popular lighthouse in York, Maine known as Nubble Light...with my SL, 24-90mm lens at 27mm, iso 200, f7.1 for 1/1250sec (processed to my taste)

L1030309_SL601_RMR_Apr_2017_AuroraHDR2018-edit_FB.jpg

vieri

Fairy tale Podere Belvedere at Sunrise

A fairy tale, misty sunrise at Podere Belvedere, taken in Tuscany (Italy) during a Workshop I led there in April 2017. Leica SL, Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-90mm, filters Formatt-Hitech Firecrest.

Thanks for viewing, best regards

Vieri

vieri

Spectacular Reynisfjara Beach at sunrise

Iceland is so amazing, landscapes and geology are unforgettable, but what makes all the difference is the light - it's just spectacular, and unlike any other light I have ever worked with.

This is Reynisfjara Beach at sunrise, taken during a Workshop I led in Iceland last February. Leica SL, Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-90mm and filters Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra.

Vieri

vieri

An incredible Tuscan sunrise

An incredible sunrise at Podere Belvedere, photo taken during a Workshop I led in Tuscany (Italy) in November 2017. Leica SL, Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-90mm and filters Formatt-Hitech Firecrest.

Vieri

vieri

Bleak and beautiful Reynisdrangar sunset

A bleak and beautiful winter sunset at Reynisdrangar, taken during a Workshop I led in Iceland last February. Leica SL, Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-90mm and filters Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra.

Vieri

vieri

A Tuscan sunrise

A Tuscan sunrise, taken during a Workshop I led in Tuscany (Italy) in November 2017. Leica SL, Leica APO-Vario-Emarit-SL 90-280mm and filters Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra.

Vieri

vieri

Dark, minimalist B&W Neist Point sunset

Feeling minimalistic and black & white today. "Neist Point sunset", on the Isle of Skye (Scotland), taken during a Workshop I led on the Isle in Spring 2017. Leica SL, Voigtlander 15mm Super-Wide Heliar v. III and filters Formatt-Hitech Firecrest.

Vieri

vieri

Castel Boccale, Tuscany

Castel Boccale at sunrise, taken in Tuscany (Italy) during a Workshop I led there in Fall 2017. Leica SL, Voigtlander 15mm and filters Formatt-Hitech Firecrest.

Vieri

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I had planned to move to a large cinema camera ... but was talked into the SL.

Decided that the glass, haptics and adaptability of the camera outweighed other concerns. As
I have a M10 and 50 Summilux M seemed like worth a trial.

Here is a picture ... early morning with the SL and VC 15 Mk 3.

Leica SL with VC 15​

Video is very competent ... this may be a great compromise.

Thanks,

Bob

vieri

A Kimmeridge sunset, a long exposure detail on the inspiring ledges at Kimmeridge Bay, taken during a Workshop I led in Dorset (UK) in Spring 2017. Leica SL, Voigtlander 15mm v. III and filters Formatt-Hitech Firecrest.

Vieri

vieri

Ledge at Kimmeridge Bay

Ledge at Kimmeridge Bay, a sunset image taken during a Workshop I led in beautiful Dorset (UK) in spring 2017. Leica SL, Voigtlander 10mm Hyper-Wide Heliar and filters Formatt-Hitech Firecrest.

Vieri

algrove

Anyone wish Leica had an SL zoom tele in the 70-200 range or say 90-180? I know the 24-90 and 90-280 are excellent.

vieri

A magic Tuscan sunrise

The magical atmosphere of a Tuscan sunrise, taken during a Workshop I led in Tuscany in November 2017. Leica SL, Leica APO-Vario-Elmarit-SL 90-280mm and filters Formatt-Hitech Firecrest.

Vieri