The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica SL (digital)

vieri

vieri
You are a trouble maker since your images are making me want to go to Tuscany.
:D Al, Tuscany is so amazing, that I don't feel all that bad in advertising it's beauty a little... :D And, besides the photography, there is the food, the lifestyle, in short - highly recommended! I'm going to be there again in mid October for a Workshop One-on-One and then in early November with a group, and can't wait :)

Best regards,

Vieri

vieri

The Racetrack on fire

A burning sunset sky over the Racetrack, a 20-seconds exposure taken in amazing Death Valley (CA), USA, during a workshop I led there last winter. Leica SL, Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-90mm and filters Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra.

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

vieri

Morning mist, Tuscany

Feeling minimalist today: "Morning mist", taken during a Workshop I led in Tuscany (Italy) in October 2017. Leica SL, Leica APO-Vario-Elmarit-SL 90-280mm and filters Formatt-Hitech Firecrest.

Vieri

vieri

Durdle Door, doubled.

The amazing Durdle Door at sunset, taken during a Workshop I led in Dorset (UK) last February. Leica SL, Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-90mm and filters Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra.

Vieri

jrp

Glendale Show, Wooler, Northumberland, UK

The 24-90mm Vario SL zoom is also a very capable closer-up lens. I remember taking similar pics with a Nikon D3x and 60mm micro Nikkor, back in the day (well nearly a decade ago, when 24Mpx was considered extravagant). The results were not better, but getting them was fiddlier, although I have had some practice since then. This means that I feel freer to experiment, because it's almost too easy.

vieri

A different Seljalandsfoss in winter

Seljalandsfoss is one of the most famous and photographed waterfalls in Iceland, most known for being photographed from behind the water. Since I like to go to Iceland in winter, both for my Workshops and for my personal work, that is never possible: the access to the waterfall's back is closed due to the snow. This, however, opens up new creative possibilities to portray this amazing waterfall surrounded by icicles and looking like it's digging in the snow. Black & white, for me, was the obvious choice for this.

Leica SL, Voigtlander 15mm and filters Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra.

Vieri

vieri

Sunrise above Stair Hole

Sunrise above Stair Hole and Lulworth Cove, in Dorset (UK). It takes a short climb in boggy grounds to get above Stair Hole, but witnessing the sun rising and the landscape revealing itself from the darkness from up there is pure magic. Seeing the smile and the excitement on my Workshop's participants' faces when the sun appeared made the climb 100% worth! Leica SL, Voigtlander 15mm and filters Formatt-Hitech Firecrest.

Vieri

vieri

Reynisdrangar in winter

Iceland in winter is amazing, looking for ice and snow patterns on the black sand at Reynisdrangar is extremely inspiring and makes enduring the cold definitely worth it. We had a great time during my Workshop there last February! Leica SL, Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-90mm @ 24mm and filters Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra.

Thanks for viewing, best regards

Vieri

vieri

Corfe magic

One magic morning in Dorset (UK), working on the silhouette of Corfe Castle, with the sunrise light scattered by the mist. Leica SL, Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-90mm @ 27mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Thanks for viewing, best regards

Vieri

vieri

Crumbling Cliffs at sunset

The Crumbling Cliffs at Valahnukamol in Iceland are a wonderful source of inspiration, and I love to explore them to find cracks with shapes complementing or mirroring the sea stacks and the clouds. Taken at sunset during a Workshop One-on-One in Iceland in February 2018 with my Leica SL, a Voigtlander 15mm and my Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Vieri

Last edited:

vieri

Gatklettur under the storm

Iceland's basaltic rocks, shaped by the power of the weather, feature incredible shapes: this is Gatklettur under the storm, a black & white image created in Iceland during a Workshop I led there in February 2018. Leica SL, Voigtlander 15mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Vieri

vieri

Seacombe Bay at sunset

One of Dorset's most spectacular bays is Seacombe Bay, here portrayed at sunset. It takes a very pleasant 30 min downhill walk to get there, and the place is so amazing that it makes the walk back, all uphill, a breeze! Leica S (Typ 007), Leica Summarit-S 35mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

Vieri

vieri

Misty sunrise in Tuscany

A couple of days ago, during the Workshop I am leading here in Asturias, we were talking about Tuscany and its amazing landscapes: I immediately started thinking about the beauty of this land in the fall, and realised once more that I can't wait to be back there very soon! This is Val d'Orcia, photographed during a Workshop I led there in November 2017. Leica SL, Leica APO-Vario-Elmarit-SL 90-280mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

Vieri

vieri

Last light at Kimmeridge Bay, Dorset

Last light at Kimmeridge Bay, in Dorset. I truly love exploring and photographing the ledges at Kimmeridge for detail work, they are so inspiring and I find them always rewarding, with almost any light. I took this photograph during a Workshop One-on-One in Dorset I led in October 2017. Leica SL, Voigtlander 15mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

Vieri