The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica SL (digital)

vieri

Storm over Podere Terrapille, Tuscany

A dark and gloomy sky, with a storm brewing, over Podere Terrapille in Tuscany. A 2017 photograph created with my Leica SL, Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-90mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

vieri

Re: Storm over Podere Terrapille, Tuscany

Very nice! Isn't that where they also filmed some scenes from "The Gladiator"?
Thank you! :) Yes it is, the "return home" sequence has been shot in various locations around Val d'Orcia, and part of that has been shot on that road. Best regards,

Vieri

Arne Hvaring

As mentioned in my posts at the Leica M thread, I had the opportunity to participate in a two-day workshop at Leica Akademie in Wetzlar. We got to choose whatever Leica equipment we wanted to use for the stay. I choose the SL as I up to that point never had used the camera and I was quite curious how I would like it. The SL 2 was not yet announced. Except for the first image, which was taken with the 16-35mm zoom, for all the rest I used the 24-90.
It was great fun and here are a few snaps taken during the workshop.

vieri

Sunrise at the Quiraing

Sunrise at the Quiraing, a really enchanted place where trees can even grow horizontally, out of hillsides. An oldie from 2017, this is a 2 seconds long exposure taken on the Isle of Skye in Scotland with my then Leica SL, Voigtlander 15mm Super-Wide Heliar version III and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

Vieri

vieri

Two oldies from the Isle of Skye

Missing being there, I dug out two oldies from my Leica SL days taken both in 2017 on the Isle of Skye. Both images taken with Leica SL, Voigtlander 15mm and*Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

After a day of constant rain the skies opened, rewarding our perseverance with an amazing sunset at Elgol. 3 seconds exposure for this one:

The iconic view at Neist Point, Isle of Skye, showcased in a different composition. ⁠This, on the other hand, is a 36 seconds exposure:

Vieri

Skarpen

Sunrise at the Quiraing

Sunrise at the Quiraing, a really enchanted place where trees can even grow horizontally, out of hillsides. An oldie from 2017, this is a 2 seconds long exposure taken on the Isle of Skye in Scotland with my then Leica SL, Voigtlander 15mm Super-Wide Heliar version III and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

Vieri
Absolutely beautiful

vieri

I love Tuscany in every season, but especially so in the fall or spring, when mist can transform the landscape & the mood of your photos completely.

Sunrise on the hills, 1/40 sec., Leica SL, Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 90-280mm, Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

Tuscan Sunrise, 1/50 sec., Leica SL, Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 90-280mm, Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

Thank you for viewing and commenting, best regards

Vieri

rollsman44

Sigma Art 24-70mm F2.8 DG DN and I have the Sigma 65mm as well. I might sell the 65 since I have the zoom. I bought the 65 before I decided to get the zoom
Thanks for asking. I love the SL and the Sigma and I still have $$$ to go on a Vacation( instead of buying Leica Lenses) Thanks Dennis

Godfrey

The SL is a very fine camera, I enjoyed using mine quite a lot. I sold it when I realized that I preferred using lighter, smaller cameras most of the time after I retired, and had basically stopped using it for more than half a year in preference to the Leica M-D. Too much money sitting on the shelf to ignore like that ... so I flipped it and made back most of what I'd paid for it.

My favorite portrait lenses for the SL were a Summilux-R 50mm and Summicron-R 90mm. Still have a use those lenses (on the Leica CL and on the Hasselblad 907x). At the approximately $350/each I paid for them in 2012, they were/are a tremendous value.

(With my current kit of Hasselblad X system lenses, and Hasselblad accessories, if I want another eye-level camera in the SL design meme, the sensible thing will be to buy an X1D II body. ... very similar form factor to the SL! :))

G