The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Another Q Question

I tried the search, but didn't find much.

I have been shooting Fuji the past couple years and have owned every body except anything in the x100 series.

I'm tempted to pick up the X100T, but I keep getting drawn back to the Q.

Has anyone shot both? Have any direct comparisons for me?

Thanks!!!

biglouis

Sorry, I can't help but I understand your concern.

I've been shooting with Sony bodies for about 18 months and it would be logical and indeed I was planning on getting a RX1Rm2.

Likewise, it would be logical for you to remain in the Fuji family.

However, in the end I chose the Q. One reason is its simplicity. You spend your time concentrating on the content and not spinning dials and pressing buttons.

If you have not tried a Q you should at least go and see one if there is a dealer near you with stock or a demonstrator.

BTW, if you want a really cheap alternative to both Q and X100T then I highly recommend the Ricoh GR.

LouisB

holgerf

I had the chance to intensively try out the X-100T and I liked it much. However I was not convinced from the still overwhelming amount of options and deep menu structure. Nevertheless I was about to buy it.

Then the Q was released, I changed my mind and bought the Q. It’s FF, has the best EVF, is very very snappy, much faster AF, the lens is fantastic and the UI is slim and nice.

Concerning 28 mm versus 35mm: with the Q you will have a FF-28-mm-camera (24 MP) AND a 35-APS-C-camera (15 MP) at the same time in one body.

My verdict: if you can accept the bigger size, the price and do without the OVF the Q will be the better choice.

Best
Holger

JorisV

I used to own the X100s. I still own (but hardly use anymore) the X-Pro1 and the X-T1.

For me the Q wins hands down: minimalism, simplicity, design, build quality, image quality, full frame, etc.

I also prefer the Leica T now to the X-pro1 and X-T1.

The only con for the Q is the higher price tag IMO.

My Q is being delivered tomorrow and I couldn't be more excited! Is there a way to set the back button to AF? Any helpful hints before I start using it? It seems pretty straight forward.

Thanks

RMR

I had the X100S and still own an X-T1. I sold all of my other Fuji gear to jump into Leica where I started with the Q. I love the Q! It's fast, sharp and just fun to use. I've taken environmental portraits (for a paying job) and the clients couldn't get enough....(asking if images were taken with the Q or something else!). I use it for street 'work' and landscapes and more. The Fuji X100S and T are great cameras but the Q has that something 'extra'. You can't go wrong.
Bob