The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica Q User Profile

sc_john

If this has already been discussed, I haven't been able to find it. I have set-up my profile for preferred settings in Leica Q, including DNG + JPG files vs JPG only in Default mode. I have saved my preferred settings as "User 1". Whenever I turn-off the Q or it goes into auto power save, it restarts in Default mode. Unless I remember to reset profile to "User 1", camera records image as JPG only. Is there a way to change Default profile or have Q start-up with my preferred settings ("User 1)?

Love the camera, ergonomics and files, but HATE this start-up issue.

John

holgerf

Strange. My Q works as it should.

Whenever I choose one of the User Profiles a check mark appears beneath the chosen profile. When I enter the menu again later, regardless whether there was an intermediate shut down of the camera, the check mark is still there and the User profile active. If you are sure that no operation error may take place there must be something wrong with your camera.

And no – you cannot change the Default profile.

Best
Holger

sc_john

Holgerf,

Thank you for your response. With input from another forum, I determined the issue. Once a user profile (User 1 for example) is set-up and saved, if any change is made to the camera settings during shooting (e.g. change exposure comp from 0 to +1) and that change is not saved to the User 1 setting, once the camera shuts down with power save or is turned off... the camera restarts with Default profile. Also, if I return to User 1 profile, it will have exposure comp at 0. If the change (exposure comp moved from 0 to +1) is saved back to the User 1 profile, before the camera shuts off, then the camera will restart with User 1 profile vs Default profile. Additionally, the exposure comp will be +1, since it was saved back to the User 1 profile. The problem for me was, not realizing the need to save the change to User profile, the camera would restart in Default profile which is JPEG only and not DNG+JPEG, as I wanted.

Hope this makes sense.

John

holgerf

Holgerf,

Thank you for your response. With input from another forum, I determined the issue. Once a user profile (User 1 for example) is set-up and saved, if any change is made to the camera settings during shooting (e.g. change exposure comp from 0 to +1) and that change is not saved to the User 1 setting, once the camera shuts down with power save or is turned off... the camera restarts with Default profile. Also, if I return to User 1 profile, it will have exposure comp at 0. If the change (exposure comp moved from 0 to +1) is saved back to the User 1 profile, before the camera shuts off, then the camera will restart with User 1 profile vs Default profile. Additionally, the exposure comp will be +1, since it was saved back to the User 1 profile. The problem for me was, not realizing the need to save the change to User profile, the camera would restart in Default profile which is JPEG only and not DNG+JPEG, as I wanted.

Hope this makes sense.

John

Still strange. I once more checked my Q and can say that nothing changes after any shut down. Unless I change something deliberately all the adjustments are untouched, whether there is a shut down or not.

I still think, something is wrong with your camera.

Anyway: Happy new year
Holger