The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Will the next Leica M have an EyeRes EVF?

Godfrey

I was in that camp also. I held off on getting color bodies for my advertising/commercial work hoping that would be the case but when they announced the 262 and I had a chance to buy one I did. Bought an M-E also and sold all of my Canon gear which almost paid for the Leica gear. I was going to have to do something. My Canon bodies had over 150K each so I was going to have to do something soon. I wanted something less automated than the M240 or M-P.
Hmm. I think you used the wrong word there.

The typ 240/246 models have the same automation as the M262 and ME60; the typ 240/246 have additional features—video capture, Live View, ability to be fitted with an EVF, etc—that's all. In use, all work exactly the same way unless you are using one of the typ 240/246 additional features.

G

JohnBrew

Haven't been even remotely tempted to get the EVF for my M-P. I one of those who can't stand the things (and yes, I've tried them). Call me old-fashioned but you'll never see one on my rangefinders. I'm quite satisfied with my current model and I know I'll not buy the next one, irregardless of specification.