The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Need Impressions on Leica T and 35-56 Zoom

rollsman44

I still shoot some weddings and would like a second camera to use. I use the Sony A7ll and like it very much. Is this camera with this zoom good choice for what I am using it for? I do need AF. I also need to use Flash.Thank you

Last edited:

Paratom

I really do like the Leica T and also the 18-56 is excellent. I have used it on one wedding (but I was not the mai photographer) and like the small size and it was fine.
However- if I was a professional wedding photographer I would want a faster lens and a more "professional" camera (faster, better high ISO)
Also if you use flash on camera that means you could not use the EVF of the camera.
For me the T is the choice if I want a relativly compact camera which allows good IQ. Its fun to use.

rollsman44

Yes that is true. The Aperture on that lens should have been a wider one or a fixed one. Does anyone use a Leica with AF on a wedding?

Paratom

Yes that is true. The Aperture on that lens should have been a wider one or a fixed one. Does anyone use a Leica with AF on a wedding?
I think the lens makes sense to keep size down, and its very nice fpor using outside.
Also there is a 23 mm prime and soon a 35mm/1.4 prime.

rollsman44

How soon for the 35mm/ 1.4 ? I need to shoot portraits and general use. Thank you. I also NEED AF and I do shoot a lot with Flash

Paratom

If you use a A7II and like it a lot I wonder why not just buy a second A7II? It does have AF, you can by fast 55 or 85mm lenses, you have an integrated viewfinder and can put a flash on it. What are you missing?

rollsman44

Call me Crazy........just speculating to see what else is out there for me that I might be better. also, Not so costly as well. Thank you

iiiNelson

Call me Crazy........just speculating to see what else is out there for me that I might be better. also, Not so costly as well. Thank you
If you're not opposed to their size then why not a DSLR? They have a wider range of TTL lighting options, as well as, a wider lens selection. If you want to remain with Sony then the consensus opinion is that the A7RII is a Great Leap Forward from the A7II.

Paratom

I really like the T for what it is, but I am not sure it would be the best solution for your needs.