The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One now supports Leica SL!

Godfrey

good to hear .. I'm glad they've sorted their difficulties with Leica at least enough to update for SL support.

G

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I keep forgetting that C1 doesn't support the S and I get through processing a dozen captures before I remember. For an unsupported camera, it looks pretty good. :cool:

--Matt (who does know the difference between "supported" and "it works today")

Aside: If you've noticed that I haven't posted any Leica S images - an (006) just fell into my hands at a stupidly good price. I'm borrowing a few lenses for now, but really have to get some!

Last edited:

Doc Wing

Capture One 9.1 (cost-free upgrade) was just released. You'll see a new profile for developing DNG files, "Leica SL Generic," which gives this (white-balanced with a click on the grey card at left):

L1010864 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

instead of this (using the previous default "generic DNG" profile:

L1010864 1 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

scott
So, to your eyes is the color reproduction better or worse than Lightroom?

iiiNelson

good to hear .. I'm glad they've sorted their difficulties with Leica at least enough to update for SL support.

G
I think the only Leica they've skipped support on is the S cameras. They supported the D-Lux and prior to the Adobe deal C1 was the bundled software.

- - - Updated - - -

G
I think the only Leica they've skipped support on is the S cameras. They supported the D-Lux and prior to the Adobe deal C1 was the bundled software.

JorisV

Phase One doesn't support any other medium format competitor, a strategy that I personally do not understand and that IMHO is rather short-sighted but whatever...

Phase One doesn't support any other medium format competitor, a strategy that I personally do not understand and that IMHO is rather short-sighted but whatever...
Good that Sony is not that short-sighted as P1, because then P1 would end up without CMOS sensors ....

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Adobe DNG File Neutral in C1 isn't too bad for (006) files, but for that camera, I like LR better. For the Q, C1 wins hands down. It makes it hard to settle on one.

Sorry, :OT:

JorisV

I use Iridient Developer for Q, T, M9 and S2.

I also have a license for C1 but not supporting the S2 means that I have to use two converters anyway, so I don't bother using C1 anymore

Doc Wing

I use Iridient Developer for Q, T, M9 and S2.

I also have a license for C1 but not supporting the S2 means that I have to use two converters anyway, so I don't bother using C1 anymore
I have started trying Apple Photos with MacPhun's creative suites and really like it. The colors are great and with MacPhun, it's like using Apple Aperture, which I loved, again.

Best

baudolino

Even though I heard the standard c1 profile works not too bad for the S007 (not so for the S006).
I've tried C1 a few times with the 007 files and the standard DNG profile works pretty well with those files.
I was even contemplating spending more time with the combination but I just can't stand the way C1's catalog works - it seems to me that every time I open the program, it opens a different set of images; or
I can't find my work etc. It is so counter-intiutive compared to LR that it makes me feel like I am an idiot.
By the way, I think it would be cool if Leica/Adobe could supply several different profiles for the S cameras in LR, just like there are for the Sony, Nikon and other cameras.