The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nik Collection for free today

sjg284

Any idea if they've updated the software?

I bought it a year before Googles acquisition, after which they mostly let it rot (since they clearly bought it for the Snapseed iOS tech and are not in the desktop software biz...).

Can't find any sign of version history, change log, or even release number on the website.

DougDolde

Seems like I got it free (or very cheap) a while back. Silver Efex is the only useful one of the bunch for me

erudolph

It has been that version since the longest of times... I think you used to get notified when a new version was available...
AFAIK, the Google Updater, which automatically updates the applications, is installed along with Nik. Not that it seems to have been doing any updating.

k-hawinkler

Nik didn't update automatically on my Mac. I believe that's a Windows feature.
However, I have gone back to the email I got from them to occasionally download their latest version.
When comparing versions I noticed that some modules got updates, but not all of them.
YMMV.