The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica M for Close-up&Macro

Knorp

This one is by far my best close-up ever for a long time.
And no cropping here !

| tele-elmar 1:4.0/135mm | extention tubes | bellows-2 | visoflex-3 | m8 |

Godfrey

Absolutely lovely photos, Knorp!
Who cares if a bumblebee isn't supposed to be able to fly? ;-)

(Curiously, macro work is the first stuff I ever shot with a Leica RF camera. I used a Hektor 135mm lens on a short mount with Visoflex and bellows ...)

G

V

Vivek

Located a bunch of accessories and had to try if they all work together.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
Leica MM, Leitz Milar 10cm f/4.8, Visoflex 3, SF-24D, Elettaria cardamomum, ~4X

Knorp

Absolutely lovely photos, Knorp!
Who cares if a bumblebee isn't supposed to be able to fly? ;-)

(Curiously, macro work is the first stuff I ever shot with a Leica RF camera. I used a Hektor 135mm lens on a short mount with Visoflex and bellows ...)

G
Hi there Godfrey,

let's face it - Bellows and Visoflex are just old school stuff, but isn't it great fun ?
I love it !

But what's up with the bumblebee ? Did I miss something (as usual) ?

Thanks and all the best.

Knorp

Located a bunch of accessories and had to try if they all work together.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
Leica MM, Leitz Milar 10cm f/4.8, Visoflex 3, SF-24D, Elettaria cardamomum, ~4X
Well Vivek, your bunch of accessories seem to work fine together :)
Would you care to share a picture of that Milar lens ?

Kind regards.

Godfrey

... But what's up with the bumblebee ? Did I miss something (as usual) ? ...
LOL!

According to the modern myth, the story was that after the bumblebee was analyzed for aerodynamics it was determined that bumblebees could not fly. Obviously, the bumblebees knew something the aerodynamicist didn't...

I found it analogous to the myth that Leica M cameras are not good for doing macro work. ;-)

V

Vivek

Bart, One of these days, I will get around to it. :)

OK, it did not take long! ;)

The focus helicoid (same as the one you are using with the Summar 8cm lens but in chrome) with the proper adapter is on the left, in the back is the Hektor 135/4.5, on the right, a 50mm Milar (red box), next to the lens is the actual specimen used for the Macro.

another view:

FWIW, these are copper barrel/black painted. :LOL:

Last edited:

Knorp

Bart, One of these days, I will get around to it. :)

OK, it did not take long! ;)

The focus helicoid (same as the one you are using with the Summar 8cm lens but in chrome) with the proper adapter is on the left, in the back is the Hektor 135/4.5, on the right, a 50mm Milar (red box), next to the lens is the actual specimen used for the Macro.

another view:

FWIW, these are copper barrel/black painted. :LOL:
Looking great, Vivek !
Sorry for my late reply, but apparently I missed your update.

Thanks for taking the time and getting the photos.
And we should arrange a date and time so I can return your lenses.

Kind regards.

V

Vivek

Sure should, Bart. But there is no rush about returning the lenses and the doodahs that go with it. :)

I think I will take a break from using the Visoflex (near permanent). Too much dust gets in and too many shots need to be made to get things right- mainly the focus, especially when the subjects are not static. I might add here that the SF-24D with a Nikon SC-17 extension is just awesome! The TTL works much better than expected! The quick recycle time is great. The one downside is that the maximum sync time (MM) is not 1/160s but 1/125s. Leica seem to put the flash sign at the wrong speed.

Since the MM sensor cover is quite thin and the cam is much used and appreciated, I have to be very careful about a wet clean, although it is in dire need of one.