The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica M for Close-up&Macro

Knorp

Perhaps not the best tool for the job, but still great results !

"turban buttercup"

| m8 | visoflex3 | apo-macro-elmarit-r 1:2.8/100mm | elpro 1:2-1:1 |

Thanks for viewing.

joerglemann

Re: M8 for Close-up&Macro

Perhaps not the best tool for the job, but still great results !

"turban buttercup"

| m8 | visoflex3 | apo-macro-elmarit-r 1:2.8/100mm | elpro 1:2-1:1 |

Thanks for viewing.
Hi!
Really impressing results, congrats!
Regards,
Joerg

Knorp

Hi!
Really impressing results, congrats!
Regards,
Joerg
Hi Jörg [Joerg], glad you like them, despite the cumbersome contraption I find it great fun and enjoy the results, but would welcome an R10 ... :eek:

Kind regards.

fotoism

I am another one of those crazy Viso-Nuts who likes to fiddle, from macro/close-up to telephoto. First one is a cactus in my kitchen, the flower is about 1 cm across, using Leica bellows II and Elmar 65/3.5. The second is a moon-rise shot from inside the house (through the window ), Telyt 560/6.8.

Knorp

I am another one of those crazy Viso-Nuts who likes to fiddle, from macro/close-up to telephoto. First one is a cactus in my kitchen, the flower is about 1 cm across, using Leica bellows II and Elmar 65/3.5. The second is a moon-rise shot from inside the house (through the window ), Telyt 560/6.8.
Welcome to this forum, Fotoism :)

Fine entries, love the cactus flower. Do you use other lenses on the bellows ? I have a tele-elmar 135/4.0 that I sometimes combine with additional tubes (OTRPO/16471). For telephoto I recently acquired a Telyt 280/4.8 but didn't give it much use yet. In fact I'm more in c&m.
Here is one of my 65/3.5 [f11~f16 1/45 iso160]

In the field wind is a constant nuisance, I hope to make use of flash so with the M8 I have a shutterspeed of 1/250 instead of the sometimes ridiculus slow speeds that drives me crazy.
Anywy can't wait for spring to arrive !

Hope you'll be coming back to this thread and post some of your results :thumbup:

All the best.

fotoism

Thank you for the kind words.
I am rather new to doing closeups and macro, and there is so much to learn, but so much fun. I do have other lenses including the Tele-Elmar 135/4, Elmarit 90/2.8 which I can use only the lens-head on the bellows. I even tried using other M lenses directly on the Visoflex without the bellows! The possibilities are endless I just need to explore. and enjoy.

gero

Knorp, it is as close to the thread as I could go; it is a closeup macro, with a sensor like the M8 and with an M8 lens.:angel:

Knorp

Finally the weather is fine, so I'm going out for a walk.

Makes me smile ...

But my tropical fish had other plans ...

| m8| visoflex3 | bellows2 | tubes | tele-elmar 1:4.0/135mm |

All the best.

Last edited:

Knorp

This froglet waited patiently without blinking an eye, which was just as well because it took my camera exactly 1 second to get him nailed
Still had to apply some sharpening and a fair amount of cropping to get rid of the bird dropping in the background

| apo-macro-elmarit-r 1:2.8/100mm | apo-extender-2x | visoflex3 |

Last edited:

Knorp

seed pods
| apo-macro-elmarit-r 1:2.8/100mm | apo-extender-r 2x | visoflex3 |

Last edited:

jonoslack

Bart
These are so splendid - are you using the Visoflex for them? or just extenders . . . I'm beginning to realise that I must get over my laziness and PROVE how good you are at it (by being much worse myself).

Great stuff - keep 'em coming!

gero

newbie it is of a wild orchid from yucatan that a lot of hybrid's are derived form.

welcome to the forum.

Knorp

Bart
These are so splendid - are you using the Visoflex for them? or just extenders . . . I'm beginning to realise that I must get over my laziness and PROVE how good you are at it (by being much worse myself).

Great stuff - keep 'em coming!
Hi there Jono,
thank you for the encouragement :thumbup: Yes I'm using the visoflex, actually I have to use it because there is no other way determining proper focus. The visoflex and an R2M adaptor make it possible to mount R-lenses to M-cameras. The extender (2x) is in fact a converter, extending the focal length of the lens. Although you loose serious speed, F2.8 will become F5.6 in fact, and to my eye some IQ, the major benefit is the gain in distance to subject. Extenders or extension tubes work fine with f.i. the tele-elmar, but for this R-lens the visoflex already acts as sort of extension tube.

Well I've seen some recent close-ups that you posted here (sony or m43) that made me green of envy :grin:: what a pity Leica ditched that R10 ...

Have a great time in Crete.

Knorp

dangling
| tele-elmar-m 1:4.0/135mm | bellows-2 | visoflex-3 |

Last edited: