Site Sponsors

Thread: Question for those going to PMA

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Question for those going to PMA

I'd love it if someone could ferret out some information on Leica's M9 plans: timing; pricing; full frame; electronic focus confirm? I've put lens purchases on hold until I know what the next step is.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Question for those going to PMA

Hi Woody,

A good point. I would like a 24mm EFOV lens for my M8 and would go for the newly announced Leica 18mm if I knew that the plan was to stick with the 1.33 crop factor. An 18mm EFOV on full frame would be a novelty lens for my personal use and there are several very nice actual 24mm lenses.

I understand they cannot announce what they do not know but it would be useful for them to be aware that people are potenially holding off buying these nice new lenses until a roadmap is known.

Deceased, but remembered fondly here... johnastovall's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

They may not have a roadmap and if they do, I bet you would have to sign a NDA to even have them talk about it much less see it.

"The market wants a Leica to be a Leica: the inheritor of tradition, the subject of lore, and indisputably a mark of status to own."
    Mike Johnston

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah. Not sure if M9 discussion will really be on the table right now. But, I will certainly ask.

I'll be posting to my blog later today with PMA updates.

Most of my day will be spent at the Leica booth. If you want me to ask anything or whatnot, just post a comment to the blog or send me a PM here. I'll be receiving those messages on my BlackBerry.

David
    David Farkas
    Leica Store Miami

Ranger 9

Be sure to ask if the M10 will have the antigravity neckstrap lugs and if the M11 will include a flux capacitor so you can go back and get those "decisive moments" you missed the first time around.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought we'd established that Apple technicians had smoked all of the flux capacitors? Get with the program!

Ciao,

Ranger 9

Apple granted non-exclusive rights to Leica in exchange for rights to the antigravity neckstrap lugs, which will be used on a future iPhone. You must have missed that rumor...