The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M8 SD Card

Gary P

Does anyone have any recommendations for SD Cards for the M8? I'm thinking of HC cards and one larger card 16 GB and one smaller 4 or 8 GB.

I would appreciate some feedback.

Thank you

Gary P

robsteve

Subscriber
I think there may be some problems with the larger cards. I would stick with Sandisk Extreme III and 4gb or smaller.

Robert

John Black

Woody -

Are you saying you need a special reader to realize the benefits (ie - 30 MB/sec), or that that the reader won't read the card at all? I have a fairly new Sandisk reader, so I think I'm okay. The 2 GB Extreme III's work okay in my reader (older version of the Ext III's, not the updated 30 MB/sec type).

Thanks.

A

Artorius

Woody -

Are you saying you need a special reader to realize the benefits (ie - 30 MB/sec), or that that the reader won't read the card at all? I have a fairly new Sandisk reader, so I think I'm okay. The 2 GB Extreme III's work okay in my reader (older version of the Ext III's, not the updated 30 MB/sec type).

Thanks.
I nrrded to get a reader that would read SDHC cards. The older SD readers can't see the SDHC cards. SanDisk is including one with a pair of 4Gb SDHC cards at COSTCO for about $24.00.