Site Sponsors

Thread: New Voigt 10mm & 12mm III (vs old Voigt 12mm II)

Post Thanks / Like

New Voigt 10mm & 12mm III (vs old Voigt 12mm II)

Can anyone who owns the Voigt 12mm II and either of the Voigt 10mm or the 12mm III (when available) compare them? I own the 12mm II and I would like to know if there's any reasons to consider complimenting it with the 10mm or replacing it with the 12mm III. I don't expect to do so, but I would like to know if others have been impressed with one of the two new lenses relative to the older 12mm II. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: New Voigt 10mm & 12mm III (vs old Voigt 12mm II)

Quote Originally Posted by jffielde View Post
    Can anyone who owns the Voigt 12mm II and either of the Voigt 10mm or the 12mm III (when available) compare them? I own the 12mm II and I would like to know if there's any reasons to consider complimenting it with the 10mm or replacing it with the 12mm III. I don't expect to do so, but I would like to know if others have been impressed with one of the two new lenses relative to the older 12mm II. Thanks.

Check out this thread in the Sony forum where I asked the same question (pertaining to the FE mount). http://www.getdpi.com/forum/sony/596...-shipping.html

Post Thanks / Like

Very helpful. Thank you.

Those images look unchanged from the version II that I have. Of course, 10mm is different than 12mm! Thank you.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

With best regards, K-H.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jffielde View Post
    I own the Voigtlander 10mm and the Voigtlander 12mm v. I (unchanged optically compared to v. II), and I can say that the 10mm is definitely better, and an amazing performer overall (see my review of the 10mm Voigtlander on the Leica SL here:

https://vieribottazzini.com/2016/08/...-6-review.html). I also own the 15mm and I can say the same (you can find my review here: https://vieribottazzini.com/2016/07/...-leica-sl.html). I am looking forward to the 12mm v. III once it will be available, I hope that if the pattern holds it will be an amazing performer as well (and definitely better than the v. I & II).

Best,

Vieri
    Vieri Bottazzini
    Leica Ambassador | Formatt-Hitech Ambassador | ABIPP EP
    VIERI BOTTAZZINI PHOTOGRAPHER | VIERI BOTTAZZINI WORKSHOPS | VIERI BOTTAZZINI FINE ART