The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad 1/2000 lenses on S

JohnBrew

Has anyone tried one of these lenses on the S with the adapter? I ask because the older lenses were limited to 1/800 and not sure if a contact or firmware was changed on the H6D to support this new shutter speed.

Since I'm here...wonder what it would take to get Leica to produce an S to X1D lens adapter? The MTF's for those lenses are quite excellent and better than the current HC lenses.

Last edited:

msadat

i was thinking the same but i dont have any new h lens. on the x1d adapters, i dont think leica will do one, when they produced the first adapter, leica s was lacking lenses but no more
Has anyone tried one of these lenses on the S with the adapter? I ask because the older lenses were limited to 1/800 and not sure if a contact or firmware was changed on the H6D to support this new shutter speed.

Since I'm here...wonder what it would take to get Leica to produce an S to X1D lens adapter? The MTF's for those lenses are quite excellent and better than the current HC lenses.

JohnBrew

Yeah, I'm sorta out of this game anyway. My Leica S is for sale and I bought a tech cam, Rodie lenses and a CFV-50c. The lack of T/S lenses (and further improvements in the way of long exposure) for the S by Leica killed my interest.

Interesting when I asked this question on the Leica forum, one person responded saying that Hasselblad reprogrammed their lenses, if sent in for service, NOT TO WORK on Leica's! Not sure how he knew that or even if such a thing is possible.

msadat

i am not sure what they can do to stop the lens working with leica adapter, these lenses are not smart or have any cpu in them. if they change the handshake process, the cameras also need to be upgraded.

Arjuna

My recollection, admittedly vague, is that the new, or upgraded, lenses will only reach 1/2000 on the H6D body. On an H5D, or earlier, they only go to 1/1000. I think that the 1/2000 is achieved partially by a newer, faster shutter in the lens, and partially by some clever timing with the sensor (maybe something like a delayed EFC?). If they will only go to 1/1000 on an H5, I would expect the same when adapted to a Leica S.