The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Is the M8.2 addictive?

Mikec

This might come across strange. I have noticed something unusual about the M8.2 when compared to all my other cameras (really, too many to list).
1. The M8.2 makes me want to take more photos
2. It's physically satisfying to use the M8.2

:ROTFL:

What do you think?

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
When I see the photos some take with the M8, it seems obvious that the camera contains some substance that influence people's minds. I wouldn't mind becoming addicted :p

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Absolutely....the form of any M camera has a feeling of precision,bright clear viewing, smooth effortless focusing ..the ability to dial in the amount of control needed are surpassed only by the exceptional image quality. The more you shoot with an M the better you can be and the shooting can become almost instinctive. But you need to shoot a lot or maybe over a long period of time. The M series requires more of a commitment than the more mainstream DSLR.

My Nikon s are a lot better for many types of photography but I don t enjoy the process as much .

fotografz

My 203FE is addictive. I felt that way about my Leica M6s and M7s because I like the film advance ... really satisying precision mechanical feel to it.

I like the M8 in hand well enough, but don't like using it the way I do the above cameras.

Mikec

I do believe the 'film' advance would be a nice addition. It's probably not for everybody though.

The M lenses are all so nice. I am in trouble!

beamon

Yes, for me at least! I didn't get the same feeling with my R8 as I do with my M6. So the R8 went and the M6 stays.

I'll probably convert the R glass to the Leitax mount to fit the D700, particularly the APO-Macro-Elmarit f/2.8. Its razor sharp portraits and close ups I prefer to manually focus, anyway.

dfarkas

Workshop Member
Yes. I love my M8.2. The feel, the sound of the shutter, and of course the end results never fail to pleasantly surprise me.

David

beamon

I'll probably convert the R glass to the Leitax mount to fit the D700, particularly the APO-Macro-Elmarit f/2.8. Its razor sharp portraits and close ups I prefer to manually focus, anyway.
Well, now I won't! Was informed by David at Leitax, today, that he isn't able to process CCs and that bank wires or Western Union were the payment methods. For a converter in the <100€ incl. shipping category, those methods do not compute for me.

Guess I'll sell the R glass. Now, who was it that was interested in my R glass? Like a dummy, I lost your email.