The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica Digilux2 or 3 Suggestions

rollsman44

I had one several years ago and loved the IQ. But my question is can I use LR 6 to process the files?
Also, Is it better to get the Digilux 3 or the 2 Just for street camera, travel and some portraits. Need your suggestions before I make any purchase. Thank you

D&A

Hi Dennis,

To get you started, have a look at this thread (below). It covers a lot of ground of the differences and advantages/disadvantages of the digilux 2 vs 3....and there are considerable differences. It's important to note that all but one posting was from 2009 except for the very last post in the thread. That one was posted this year (1016) and puts a bit of prospective on these cameras.

Digilux 3 vs Digilux 2 - Digital Forum - Leica Forum

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Hi Dave, thank you as always. I will check this out. Hope all is well by you
Thanks Dennis. *** Please Note: I changed the link I posted above to the 1st page of the thread regarding digilux2 vs 3. My link originally went to the 2nd page of the thread. Hope all is well with you too!

Dave (D&A)

Last edited:

jaapv

Subscriber Member
The Digilux 2 is still a very attractive camera, with lovely results at base ISO, provided you don't want to make large prints. I wouldn't bother with a Digilux3, it was an unwieldy lump when it came out and is really obsolete by now.