The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Which ONE Camera/ Lens Combo For Multiple USES

rollsman44

I know this might sound Crazy but if you had to choose 1 camera and 1 zoom lens ( appr 28-150) in that area. To be able to do group shots and Portraits what choice would you pick from
The reason is : I want to carry 1 camera and 1 lens that will allow me to do as I have stated and Most important is Excellent Image quality. I know this might be close to impossible but I am Speculating. Thank you

Godfrey

I know this might sound Crazy but if you had to choose 1 camera and 1 zoom lens ( appr 28-150) in that area. To be able to do group shots and Portraits what choice would you pick from
The reason is : I want to carry 1 camera and 1 lens that will allow me to do as I have stated and Most important is Excellent Image quality. I know this might be close to impossible but I am Speculating. Thank you
The Leica SL and its native SL24-90mm lens would do that very nicely. As would most DSLR or mirrorless cameras with a suitable lens. So what's the difficulty?

G

herrbarnack

Another possibility might be the M-P 240 with two small lenses - the Leica Elmarit-M 28mm f/2.8 ASPH for groups and the Leica Summarit-M 75mm f/2.4 for portraits. These two lenses are bargain priced (by Leica M lens standards). They are small, light weight and produce outstanding image quality.

If the above kit is out of reach in terms of price, my second choice would be the Fujifilm X-T2 mirrorless camera with 18-55mm lens. With an APS-C size sensor and a 1.5x crop factor, this lens will cover both group shots and individual portraits. The X-T2 and Fuji lenses produce excellent image quality at a much more tolerable price level than the Leica M-P and lenses.

JMHO but I would say invest in the Leica M system if at all possible. The M-P 240 is a lifetime camera. They are not cheap but as with everything else in life, you get what you pay for. That having been said, there are more affordable alternatives that are well made and will do what you need them to do quite well, such as the X-T2.