The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

"It's a Leica Thing"

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
It's a Leica thing :cool:

the above images were captured with Nikon D300 • Zeiss ZF 2/100mm • f/2 & f/2.8 ISO 200

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Thanks Lloyd :) - and now: same thing

the above images were captured with Nikon D300 • Zeiss ZF 2/100mm • f/2 or f/2.8 ISO 200

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Yes, it's the zoom - the genuine year 2000 1.3 Mp Leica digilux zoom :D

captured with Nikon D300 • Zeiss ZF 2/100mm • 1/2000 sec. at f/2.8 ISO 200

Lloyd

Yes, it's the zoom - the genuine year 2000 1.3 Mp Leica digilux zoom :D

captured with Nikon D300 • Zeiss ZF 2/100mm • 1/2000 sec. at f/2.8 ISO 200
Was that just 2000? Wow, how time flies in the digital world, eh?

Love that creamy bokeh, btw.:thumbup:

M

Mango

The name should be changed to:

It's a Leica thang!

(Might get lost in translation to some folks.)

bensonga

Just joined the Leica club for real now.....I picked up a super clean R8 with motor drive and motor winder this week. Added a 90mm f2.8 Elmarit (latest version) to the beautiful 50mm Summicron I got from Erik. A 28mm f2.8 Elmarit (also latest version) is on it's way from Camerawest. Everything seems to work fine. I'll take some pics of the R8 and three lenses this weekend.

Thinking I might do a little comparo/shootout someday between the R8 with these lenses vs the Canon 1V I got from Marc (with my 50 f1.4 and 85 f1.8 EOS lenses) and the Nikon F3HP with 28 f2.8, 50 f1.2 and 105 f2.5 AIS Nikkors. Should be fun.

Guess I won't be getting the Arca Swiss Cube now after all. :-(

Gary
Alaska

Lloyd

Just joined the Leica club for real now.....I picked up a super clean R8 with motor drive and motor winder this week. Added a 90mm f2.8 Elmarit (latest version) to the beautiful 50mm Summicron I got from Erik. A 28mm f2.8 Elmarit (also latest version) is on it's way from Camerawest. Everything seems to work fine. I'll take some pics of the R8 and three lenses this weekend.

Thinking I might do a little comparo/shootout someday between the R8 with these lenses vs the Canon 1V I got from Marc (with my 50 f1.4 and 85 f1.8 EOS lenses) and the Nikon F3HP with 28 f2.8, 50 f1.2 and 105 f2.5 AIS Nikkors. Should be fun.

Guess I won't be getting the Arca Swiss Cube now after all. :-(

Gary
Alaska
Nice! Looking forward to pix.:thumbup:

Seascape

Gary
Alaska
Gary, I can tell you right now.......I have owned or shot with most of those lenses, and the Leica glass will be superior to any of the Canon or Nikkor lenses.

You will be very happy with the 50 Cron and the two Elmarits, they are right up there with some of the best lenses you can buy.

bensonga

Well, here is mine...M4-2/35 summilux pre asph..

The phrase "battle scarred workhorse" comes to mind. Amazing!

I haven't gotten the hang of using a rangefinder yet. Guess it's something I would need to live with and use regularly to get comfortable using. I do appreciate the feel of a smaller and lighter camera.....although the reassuring heft of my R8 with motor drive is also nice.

Just running thru my first roll of film with the R8 today and I was immediately taken with the brightness of the viewfinder and the simplicity of the controls. It feels just right to me.

Gary
Alaska

beamon

Gorgeous, William! An old and trusted friend, I'm sure.

No strap, though, has it been retired?