The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

One year of landscapes with Leica SL

Paratom

Hi Vieri,
as a user of both cams I am interested to understand why you use the SL for still landscape images if you also own the S007?
Do you mind to share which one you use for which subject?
The strange ting is that my S007 + 70mm focuses faster than my SL+50mm SL lens. Size wise the difference ist that big too (if you include lenses)
Best, Tom

vieri

Hi Vieri,
as a user of both cams I am interested to understand why you use the SL for still landscape images if you also own the S007?
Do you mind to share which one you use for which subject?
The strange ting is that my S007 + 70mm focuses faster than my SL+50mm SL lens. Size wise the difference ist that big too (if you include lenses)
Best, Tom
Hello Tom,

there are actually two main reasons:

1. With the SL I can use ultra-wide angle lenses, such as 10, 12 and 15mm (Voigtlander);
2. With the SL I can do long exposures, while the S is limited to a ridiculous 1-minute exposures;

and

3. I use the S-Adapter L both to "fill in the gaps" in my S lens lineup, and to have a backup in case of problems with the S.

Hope this helps, best

Vieri

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Bob,

Thank you very much for taking the time to read and comment, much appreciated! I am glad you enjoyed the read and the images :)

Best,

Vieri
Helps that my wife and I are in love with Scotland ... Islay, Skye, Harris and Lewis ... love your photos ...

Regards,

Bob

vieri

Helps that my wife and I are in love with Scotland ... Islay, Skye, Harris and Lewis ... love your photos ...

Regards,

Bob
I certainly share that feeling - I simply LOVE Scotland, and can't wait to go back! :) Thanks again, best

Vieri