Site Sponsors

Thread: DMR batteries

Post Thanks / Like

DMR batteries

Anyone know who might have a few DMR batteries? Last time I checked BH and Audorama both had then but now they are out of stock. I know I can get them from Leica service parts (or at least you used to be able ).

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DMR batteries

They are special order now but Popflash got them from Leica.

Subscriber & Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks Roger, may get me an extra.

Post Thanks / Like

Could I ask ...how many shots are you getting on a fresh battery? On my M8 I get something between 200-300 so I often change the card and the battery after 200 captures. On the DMR I think I get about 200 ? which is a 4gb card . I learned the hard way though and change the battery at the first sign of a low charge. Ever problem I have had with the DMR has always been related to the battery.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I use the manual film advance and that gets me about 300 frames. I have 6 gigs of storage and two batteries and seem to run out of both about the same time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_Green View Post
    I use the manual film advance and that gets me about 300 frames. I have 6 gigs of storage and two batteries and seem to run out of both about the same time.
    Bill

Shooting RAW you get 100 images on a 2gb card. So you are getting 150 captures on a fully charged battery? I have always avoided touching the manual advance as I had heard it was easy to get the DMR and the body out of synch. I am getting about 150 captures per charge on my newer batteries.

This is definitely a weak spot in the DMR ...carrying 4 batteries to get 500 images ....and batteries cost $150-175 each . Verse one $75 Nikon battery .

But I still think the IQ is tops and its more than just the glass...the DMR produces great files.

BH now has the batteries as special order so I guess there isn t any real shortage.....yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by glenerrolrd View Post
    Bill

Shooting RAW you get 100 images on a 2gb card. So you are getting 150 captures on a fully charged battery?
    Yeah, that sounds about right. So far I have been able to get through a day of shooting and seem to run out of cards before I run out of batteries (but it is pretty close). The DMR doesn't get anywhere near the shots/battery that I got with my Canons, but I don't shoot as many frames either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I keep the screen on dim and don't spend to much time viewing while shooting I think this helps me shoot longer.. I know it is a little weird but I get so much pleasure from seating in a fresh battery..just slides and fits so well..nevermind!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by paulmoore View Post
    I keep the screen on dim and don't spend to much time viewing while shooting
    I should mention that I was chimping a lot to check exposure as I was shooting in pretty tricky lighting.