The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

US flight rules is changing!!!

baudolino

My solution to all this has been twofold:
(a) Travel with less expensive cameras - Fuji XT2 with 2-3 lenses
(b) Avoid travel to the United States altogether. The security and immigration procedures at US airports have been such an increasing hassle over the past 15 years that I have avoided travel to the States as much as possible - not just for vacations but also for business. Meaning that we will not be going to see the Solar eclipse this August, despite invitation by friends who will be going.

danlindberg

I expect to see a lot more Pelican 1510 cases on my travels ...
If I was forced to check in my Peli 1520, then I think a good idea would be to put it inside an ordinary travel bag. I think a Peli would attract attention on its own, signaling 'value inside'!

So that would be my tip of the day. Use Peli for protection but camouflage it!

rayyan

As a traveler on vacations, and a photographer as a hobby...my money, my choice.
The world is a very big place. And there are far better airlines in my part of the world to get me where I can enjoy my vacations alone or with family..and bring my cameras. And her cameras too!!

' purpose of your visit sir ?'. Holiday. ' Welcome to ...'. Thank you. And by the way, where can I change some Riyals?

There are many wonderful places to see. Cultures to explore. Friends to make. And a welcome when one disembarks from a plane.

Best.