Site Sponsors

Thread: Leica M + grip

Post Thanks / Like

Leica M + grip

Having got the M10, I noticed with the Noctilux it really puts the weight on ones wrist. Partially because I have to squeeze the camera body quite hard to hold it properly.

A grip might help with this. The Leica grip is pretty damn expensive, so before buying wanted to get some feedback.

What's the concensus around Leica M grip & heavier lenses, ya or nay?

Or should I just suck it up and toughen my baby wrists? 😂

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Leica M + grip

Even with lenses ~300g like the 50/1.4 Summilux ASPH I found the grip needed on M8 & M240.
    blog
    steve

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I find the combination of the Leica thumb grip and hand grip works very well with the M10 for heavier lenses. Depending on the lenses you use, the thumb grip alone may be enough.

Personally I prefer the longer Leica thumb grip than the Thumbs Up as it just fits my hands better.
    Remember: adventure before dementia!

As Oscar Wilde said, "my tastes are simple, I only like the best"
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamWelland View Post
    I find the combination of the Leica thumb grip and hand grip works very well with the M10 for heavier lenses. Depending on the lenses you use, the thumb grip alone may be enough.

Personally I prefer the longer Leica thumb grip than the Thumbs Up as it just fits my hands better.
    I've got the 50/0.95 noctilux and zm 35/1.4 for lenses with the M10. I haven't previously used grip with the M, but the bodies were thicker and on my film M I didn't have heavy lenses. So this came as a bit of a surprise. The Zeiss is on without the grip, but nocti seems to be asking for it..

Post Thanks / Like

Been using the grip now for a while. Have to say I'm liking it. Even with the nocti, it isn't as tiring to carry around with a wrist strap than what it was previously. One can simply hang the camera from the strap while simultaneously easing the weight off the strap a bit with fingertips on the grip.

And when shooting don't have to squeeze the camera as hard to maintain grip. So I would say works as advertised. Expensive, but worthy accessory.