The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica TL2's shutter sound

Knorp

http://www.mirrorlessrumors.com/shutter-sounds-soon-announced-leica-tl2/

In the era of silent shutters, this is something new. The comments there are interesting. :)
Vivek, admit it: it's refreshingly out-of-the-box thinking ! Imagine a shutter you can actually hear !

Call me old-school, but I appreciate a bit of noise when I press that button.
No sound makes me feel confused: did I take that snap or what ?

Anyway, as always history repeats itself, but I wouldn't be surprised there's a clever twist to it that we still have to learn.

FB URL: This sound will change your life!

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Why a shutter sound at all today ????? With a camera to be still introduced ?????

They are really getting crazy :wtf:

V

Vivek

Perhaps the first snap itself will lead to a sensor explosion 💥 to be done with in the beginning instead of waiting for years? :LOL:

Anyway, as always history repeats itself, but I wouldn't be surprised there's a clever twist to it that we still have to learn.

Bernard

I wouldn't be surprised there's a clever twist to it that we still have to learn.
They don't say that it's a shutter sound. It could be something else entirely.

Maybe it's a machine that polishes TL2 bodies, as opposed to the hand-polishing that the T and TL supposedly received.

The sound could also be slowed-down, which would makes sense if the new camera offers high-speed video.

CVickery

I have the T and holding it up to my ear, the shutter sounds the same. I've seen all the rumors, but so far I haven't seen much that would make me want to upgrade. I would have for an integrated EVF, or perhaps IBIS. If all we have is 24mp, 4k and no flash....I'm not that impressed.

V

Vivek

No integrated EVF. It is just a TL with an upgraded sensor.

There will be an yellow case available and you can dazzle everyone with the sleek accessories (what Leica said in their email)! :ROTFL:

iiiNelson

No integrated EVF. It is just a TL with an upgraded sensor.

There will be an yellow case available and you can dazzle everyone with the sleek accessories (what Leica said in their email)! :ROTFL:
Maybe it's me but this seems to be out of touch with the direction most want to go with mirrorless. It seems Sony, Fuji, Panasonic, and Olympus "get it" but it seems that some traditional companies are fighting market direction to protect "established interests."

They made a very good product in the SL (though it has its quirks). I can't for the life of me understand why the TL2 isn't just a miniature APS-C version of it. Seems like a no-brainer decision to make... but this also demonstrates where my ideals and Leica's completely diverged after the M9/MM cameras... though the M10 looks to be Leica headed in the right direction for the M again.

Knorp

It will be clear soon enough: Jono has put together a nice piece for our entertainment ... :)

V

Vivek

Hope he help sells a few units for them. I am already convinced by Leica's email!
(No interest at all)
It will be clear soon enough: Jono has put together a nice piece for our entertainment ... :)

Godfrey

I don't know why I bothered to look at this thread. Just the same old nasty comments whenever Leica introduces a new camera.

You are not their audience, and you don't speak for their audience. Get over it and be happy with whatever other thing you like.

G

Knorp

I don't know why I bothered to look at this thread. Just the same old nasty comments whenever Leica introduces a new camera.

You are not their audience, and you don't speak for their audience. Get over it and be happy with whatever other thing you like.

G
Oh c'mon G, you like to bother us ...
And speaking for myself: I'm a Leica fanboy but without cameras to prove it (all stolen).
So there you go.

V

Vivek

You are not their audience, and you don't speak for their audience.

G
I did not claim to speak for their audience and you have no right to claim who their audience is or not. I have money invested in their faulty products bought in part influenced by those making the sales pitch like Jono.

iiiNelson

G
I think everyone that has commented owns or owned Leica products so we probably are or were exactly the target demographic. If that's no longer the case then I will continue to watch product announcements and not buy them until they launch something that I feelnis worth my money but I have no issue with Leica as a company.

Maybe people keep an eye on what everyone is doing without extreme ties to any brand loyalty. I think most know that over the last 15 years I've shot Canon, Panasonic, Leica, and currently Sony. If Leica happens to produce an exciting product that absolutely nails it in the eyes of most people would that make others the target audience then?

I guess the thing is that some people have different requirements for what makes it a must buy or a deal breaker and many people's main issue with the TL was the lack of a built in EVF. As stated... that seems like a easy decision and they can add the extra $500 or so they'd charge for one in the price of the TL2. That would solve 90% of the gripes with the specs.

Don't take people's thoughts on a newly announced product as anything other than a person's initial thoughts. It doesn't make them "nasty comments" to see that Leica hasn't changed the one thing that many have wanted them to change about the original version. There's a big difference between interjecting a thought or two and repeatedly saying how much someone doesn't like a product in every thread for years whether it's complaining about the cost of a Leica or complaints about an "electronics company" ruining the entire camera market with innovation and test products.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Nice camera and much better equipped than the earlier versions. Still the slickest design anywhere. Jono has already proven that it's possible to take photos with it. I wouldn't mind having one, even paying the asking price.

iiiNelson

Nice camera and much better equipped than the earlier versions. Still the slickest design anywhere. Jono has already proven that it's possible to take photos with it. I wouldn't mind having one, even paying the asking price.
I think most cameras these days are capable of taking great pictures in capable hands to be honest.

What features interest you most? Does the lack of an integrated EVF being added to the body still concern you?