The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica TL2's shutter sound

jonoslack

I did not claim to speak for their audience and you have no right to claim who their audience is or not. I have money invested in their faulty products bought in part influenced by those making the sales pitch like Jono.
Hi There Vivek - and Bart and Nelson and Jörgen

I hope you're all well
I'm astonished at an admission Vivek that I've ever had any influence on you! And I deeply apologise if it's been a malign influence!

Nelson - like you, I'd really like to see a baby SL with an APS-c sensor and I don't see why they don't make it . . but I don't think that means that the TL2 is no good, and perhaps Leica have a problem in that if they simply follow the lead of Sony / Panasonic / Olympus then they'll produce a 'me-too' camera which is twice the price.

But then I really liked the T (even if it was too slow), because it was fun and simple to use and took good pictures with nice small lenses. The TL2 has many of the same limitations, but now the blackout on the EVF has just about completely gone and everything is fast (AF/shot to shot/review - everything).

. . . and the shutter does sound lovely!

But it also shows Leica's commitment to APS-c, so maybe we'll get our SL like body later (here's hoping - and of course I really know nothing or I couldn't possibly say!).

all the best

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I think most cameras these days are capable of taking great pictures in capable hands to be honest.

What features interest you most? Does the lack of an integrated EVF being added to the body still concern you?
The lack of an integrated viewfinder is an obvious minus to me. What I find appealing is the simplistic design and the compact lenses. They do lack a dedicated portrait lens though. Since the macro, which I'm sure is fine for portraits too, is 60mm f/2.8, a 90mm f/2 would've been great.

Paratom

The lack of an integrated viewfinder is an obvious minus to me. What I find appealing is the simplistic design and the compact lenses. They do lack a dedicated portrait lens though. Since the macro, which I'm sure is fine for portraits too, is 60mm f/2.8, a 90mm f/2 would've been great.
The 35/1.4, 60/2.8 and also the Telezoom work quite good for portrait. Not dedicated portrait lenses but the rendering works very well. I use them for taking images of my kids.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
For APSC I meanwhile use the Fuji X system with much success and delight. And this system does have all possible different camera choices available you could think of, so as an APSC system this is the perfect one IMHO. And not only as APSC as it blows away many FF systems as well.

Sure it lacks the almost perfect simplistic design of the Leica TL system, but on the other side TL and X system follow two totally contrary design philosophies. I myself prefer the X system philosophy much more.