The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Burnmagazine.org

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
I posted this in the Sunset Section ..but it didn t get any legs. David Allen Harvey,Magnum, established a blog that focuses on the discussion of photographs and photo essays. DAH is a fairly well known magnum photographer that has been a life long "Leica Fan Boy".

The blog was developed and is maintained by emerging photographers that have worked with DAH . It was established to provide an outlet for emerging photographers . The forum showcases both essays (20-30 images typically set to music and played as a slideshow of 4-6 minutes) and individual images.

Two that I found excellent ....Chris Bickford s...essay STORM and Subhrajit Basu s The Cloud Hunter. If you look closely you will see that people comment on the photos and essays ..similar to a workshop review. Much of the normal non sense about "I like It" ...but also some decent reflective comments on what works.

I have found it very inspirational to just review this blog daily. While it is clearly focused on photojournalism...I have seen work here at GetDPI that belongs on Burn.

DAH selects the work and you can see a variety of essays and individual photos by some really excellent photographers. I hope to see some of the GetDPI photographers being showcased. :thumbup:

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Charles Great work! Beyond just showcasing the images ..which you see a lot is some "sometimes" thoughtful discussion of the image. Thats what is missing in a lot of the show and tell websites.

Roger

M

matmcdermott

Dave is an absolutely great guy. So dedicated to photography and free with his knowledge and time. Which I only point out because you might think that being part of Magnum and National Geographic he might not be that way.

hdrmd

I, too , visit this site. It is the best of it's type, and I echo the sentiments about DAH. He is a great guy and remarkable shooter. DR

gero

grate picture Charles, the shape of the head is grate and remindes me of when my firsr daughter was born. Its what life is about.

of course, we where the ones watching:wtf:

Last edited:
J

jeff stevens

I've been following that website now too. It's a fantastic site.

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
If you haven t ..dig into the comments...you will feel like you are at a workshop seeing the images reviewed. Some nonsense of course but DAH sometimes jumps in .

stevem8

That site is AWESOME!!! Some amazing, inspiring work there. Thanks for posting this as I would of never found that site if it was not posted here. I saw it posted the other day and when I checked it out I was blown away. Good stuff.