Site Sponsors

Thread: Burnmagazine.org

Post Thanks / Like

Burnmagazine.org

I posted this in the Sunset Section ..but it didn t get any legs. David Allen Harvey,Magnum, established a blog that focuses on the discussion of photographs and photo essays. DAH is a fairly well known magnum photographer that has been a life long "Leica Fan Boy".

The blog was developed and is maintained by emerging photographers that have worked with DAH . It was established to provide an outlet for emerging photographers . The forum showcases both essays (20-30 images typically set to music and played as a slideshow of 4-6 minutes) and individual images.

Two that I found excellent ....Chris Bickford s...essay STORM and Subhrajit Basu s The Cloud Hunter. If you look closely you will see that people comment on the photos and essays ..similar to a workshop review. Much of the normal non sense about "I like It" ...but also some decent reflective comments on what works.

I have found it very inspirational to just review this blog daily. While it is clearly focused on photojournalism...I have seen work here at GetDPI that belongs on Burn.

DAH selects the work and you can see a variety of essays and individual photos by some really excellent photographers. I hope to see some of the GetDPI photographers being showcased.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Burnmagazine.org

I'm there too!

http://www.burnmagazine.org/photogra...rles-peterson/

Great place to see some good photography. No gear talk though, just photography and life.

Post Thanks / Like

Charles Great work! Beyond just showcasing the images ..which you see a lot is some "sometimes" thoughtful discussion of the image. Thats what is missing in a lot of the show and tell websites.

Roger

matmcdermott

Dave is an absolutely great guy. So dedicated to photography and free with his knowledge and time. Which I only point out because you might think that being part of Magnum and National Geographic he might not be that way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I, too , visit this site. It is the best of it's type, and I echo the sentiments about DAH. He is a great guy and remarkable shooter. DR

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

grate picture Charles, the shape of the head is grate and remindes me of when my firsr daughter was born. Its what life is about.

of course, we where the ones watching
    Last edited by gero; 18th March 2009 at 07:05.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks for that glenerrolrd! Some real inspiration there.

jeff stevens

I've been following that website now too. It's a fantastic site.

Post Thanks / Like

If you haven t ..dig into the comments...you will feel like you are at a workshop seeing the images reviewed. Some nonsense of course but DAH sometimes jumps in .

Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Great link, great site. Thanks for posting.

Post Thanks / Like

That site is AWESOME!!! Some amazing, inspiring work there. Thanks for posting this as I would of never found that site if it was not posted here. I saw it posted the other day and when I checked it out I was blown away. Good stuff.
    Leica M8, M9 & Lens Reviews!
    http://www.stevehuffphoto.com