The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the M 10

vieri

Jokulsarlon, Iceland

The glacial lagoon at Jokulsarlon, Iceland, taken during the first Workshop I led in Iceland, last December. Leica M10, Voigtlander 15mm v. III and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Thanks for viewing, best regards

Vieri

V

Vivek

I didn’t know Basel is as dangerous as Jerusalem with open carry assault rifles by regular citizens! :bugeyes:

scott kirkpatrick

I can't speak for Basel, but Switzerland, like Israel, has mandatory military service, and the automatic rifle carrier appears to be of appropriate age to be serving.

Israeli soldiers in combat units are required to keep their weapons in their possession when home for the weekend, specifically not to leave them at their homes. And the provisions for securing a weapon at the base rather than taking it home were recently expanded. Otherwise, possession by non-soldiers is limited to a single handgun, licensed after a background and needs check, with regular training required to keep the license.

V

Vivek

Pictures like the one ion the linked article, without the story gave that impression.
http://www.themedialine.org/news/israeli-army-orders-soldiers-to-carry-arms-when-off-duty/
Thanks for the information!
I can't speak for Basel, but Switzerland, like Israel, has mandatory military service, and the automatic rifle carrier appears to be of appropriate age to be serving.

Israeli soldiers in combat units are required to keep their weapons in their possession when home for the weekend, specifically not to leave them at their homes. And the provisions for securing a weapon at the base rather than taking it home were recently expanded. Otherwise, possession by non-soldiers is limited to a single handgun, licensed after a background and needs check, with regular training required to keep the license.

Robert Campbell

you are right - switzerland - Basel....

JPH
It's over 30 years since I lived and worked in Basel, and I guess things have changed a bit since then. I'm not sure I could identify the precise location: Barfüsserplatz?

Just BTW, a few years ago I was walking along a side street in a small village in the foothills of the Bernese Oberland. The little signs in the road told me that the Army was active. And then a couple of tanks came past; they stopped for the traffic at the T junction, turned left and zoomed off. I don't know what Swiss roads are made of, but the tanks didn't leave a mark. Alas, I didn't have a camera with me that day.