The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the M 10

M

mjr

I never know where to post in this forum!

Went out to feed reindeer yesterday with my Sami friends, terrible photography conditions, bright sun, lots of snow and deep shadows. Interestingly, it was a good test for my ability to shoot with the M with animals, I shot just over 300 images, which is a lot more than I normally would, out of that 300, 9 were not focussed where I wanted them to be, that is by far the best ratio I have ever achieved. They aren't fast moving and stand around a lot, but even so, I was super impressed.

A couple in colour and black and white.

DwF

Mount Shuksan

Another from my drive up to the Mount Baker National Forest for "self-isolation" on Friday afternoon. 90mm "Fat" Tele-Elmarit

David

M

mjr

Wandering about, trying not to slide off the mountain in bloody dangerous conditions! The melt is underway here but some very cold nights still see everything freezing up again.

D&A

I never know where to post in this forum!

Went out to feed reindeer yesterday with my Sami friends, terrible photography conditions, bright sun, lots of snow and deep shadows. Interestingly, it was a good test for my ability to shoot with the M with animals, I shot just over 300 images, which is a lot more than I normally would, out of that 300, 9 were not focussed where I wanted them to be, that is by far the best ratio I have ever achieved. They aren't fast moving and stand around a lot, but even so, I was super impressed.
With all your fascinating stories of your Sami friends and reindeer, I'm still waiting for an image with someone dressed as Santa among the reindeer, picking out which ones who will travel with him by sleigh to the North Pole. Yes, I know it's it's corny but I think would make a great image. This coming from a kid who grew up on the streets of N.Y.C. believing milk came from a milk producing factory that delivered their product direct to the supermarket. What did I know? LOL!

Dave (D&A)

dave.gt

With all your fascinating stories of your Sami friends and reindeer, I'm still waiting for an image with someone dressed as Santa among the reindeer, picking out which ones who will travel with him by sleigh to the North Pole. Yes, I know it's it's corny but I think would make a great image. This coming from a kid who grew up on the streets of N.Y.C. believing milk came from a milk producing factory that delivered their product direct to the supermarket. What did I know? LOL!

Dave (D&A)
Ha! I had our grandsons convinced for years that chocolate milk came from brown cows!!!:):);)

M

mjr

Morning

I have hardly used the 75 'cron so had a wander about yesterday with a neighbour and took a couple if shots, it has a really nice way of rendering. One under natural light, one under strobes.

JohnBrew

Mat, agreed. IMO, all the 75’s are great. The little Summarit is a gem, if you can find one. As it is not listed as current production anymore I think Leica must have discontinued it because it was too good!

M

mjr

Nice time of year now, snow is melting and causing little rivers to form but still cold enough for icicles to be forming.

M

mjr

I think we should change this threads title to Mat's fun with his M10!

Something a little random today, love the colours in these rocks by the river, have photographed them many times but never anything interesting beyond the cracks and lines. Snow has melted enough to get down to them today and spotted this great contrasting stone so grabbed a shot. The river will cover this soon and new stuff gets washed away and deposited, like a constantly changing canvas, nice.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I think we should change this threads title to Mat's fun with his M10!
Let's see... iPhone .. Little Fuji .. Cannon .. Big Fuji .. Mamiya .. Epson (?!!) .. Graflex .. Ah, here we are! Leica .. Q .. SL .. S .. M2 (what's THAT doing there?). Nope. Not an M 10 in the bunch. Sorry Mat, can't help.
:grin:
Matt

M

mjr

Haha, well clearly you don’t have enough camera’s Matt, maybe time to treat yourself?

Shashin

Let's see... iPhone .. Little Fuji .. Cannon .. Big Fuji .. Mamiya .. Epson (?!!) .. Graflex .. Ah, here we are! Leica .. Q .. SL .. S .. M2 (what's THAT doing there?). Nope. Not an M 10 in the bunch. Sorry Mat, can't help.
:grin:
Matt
I'm kind of with Mat on this one. Why don't you have an M10? Kind of an odd place to stop after buying so many others.

M

mjr

Wandering about this morning, it still feels chilly although a lot of snow has gone.

M

mjr

Thought the sky yesterday had good clouds for black and white, just a quick grab shot from the river. Snowed overnight again so all white again this morning.