The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the M 10

M

mjr

Cool clouds today on my trip in to Luleå the local large town here, had to drive around looking for a good spot to capture the town and the cloud together. The sea here is still frozen but not far off breaking up, won't be walking on it now anyway! a few weeks back you could drive out to the islands on the ice which is pretty cool.

M

mjr

Thought I'd drive up to a flying museum today on the way home from town, not been before and it was closed but they have this cool old plane mounted up on the road. Clear skies for the most part so thought I'd try something a little different, heavy black and white, more stylised look. I think it sort of works.

M

mjr

Hmm, no love for the high contrast black and white, I think they're cool, really graphic and look fantastic printed! Oh well, maybe back to a little colour.

Walked past the cathedral in Luleå the other day, surprisingly difficult to get such a big building centred and lined up, any deviation in this is clearly down to shoddy workmanship rather than shoddy camera skills. I've actually toned the color down a bit in this, everything is incredibly bright at this time of year.

M

mjr

I'm in a proper city for the first time in many years and loving learning how to shoot it and what I want to shoot. I found the business district yesterday, really interesting buildings and virtually nobody there. It's fun finding your eye with a dramatically new environment.

M

mjr

The more I wander around Edinburgh with so few people on the streets, the more I get this utopian vision of a city all bright and clean, of course it's not but the idea is influencing the processing of these shots, may be a little overdone but I like the feel.

dave.gt

Mat,

Having never been to Edinburgh, I like the way you have captured the feel of it with the M10. As an Urban Planner in a former life, I am not surprised to see the cold, unwelcoming character of those parts of the City.

Are there older areas with more character and traditional architecture that would show the effects of the pandemic in a different way? Or, would the comparison give the same impression?

Comparisons and contrasts are always interesting. Your images are certainly well-done, and I think it would take a very long time to capture any more than what you have already done. I am surprised at the stark architecture though.

Having only been to Wales and England in the past, I missed out on experiencing Edinburgh. Thanks for sharing!:)

Last edited:
M

mjr

Of course Dave, it's a very big and old city, I have only wandered around a fraction of it related to the university in the last week, there are many beautiful areas away from the cold unwelcoming character I am drawn too. With luck you will have a chance to visit one day.

I have no doubt I will capture some more areas over the coming year, maybe even some beautiful parts, we will see, for now a few uninspiring snapshots of older buildings local to me..

Mat

P. Chong

Playing with the Leica M10-R with Summilux 50 and Elpro52, while on an actual client shoot...(actual shoot was done on Canon EOS R5). Depth of field is miniscule, duh...its f/2.4...I forgot to stop down. Shot in the studio with strobes, composed with liveview.

BTW, what may seem like pixelization on the lower part of the bezel is not. Its actually the out focus knurling on the lower lip of the bezel. And what seems like grain on the dial is grain, but not noise from the sensor. This is a special technique which is accomplished by hand abrasing the silver dial to make this finish.

go-chronometer-wg-soldat.jpg

dave.gt

Beautiful!!!:)

I love watches, always have! Sadly all of my watches have broken and I have only a family Seiko, inexpensive, but with a lot of memories.

I love your photos of watches! Absolutely love them.:)