The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

75mm Noctilux-M f/1.25

ptomsu

Workshop Member
I don't understand why this isn't an SL lens? It would make more sense.
As SL lens it would probably be twice as big and twice as expensive - well at least you would get what you pay for when considering the weight :ROTFL:

Last edited:

Paratom

The recent Leica prices are really getting out of this world - I am simply no longer able nor willing to pay for lenses in a price range above 3-4k, so unfortunately this wonderful lens will obviously never be for me.

I do not appreciate the direction Leica is going with such lenses - maybe a new 1.4/75 APO for 5-6K would have just been all right :banghead::banghead:
There are still the Summarits which are excellent lenses as well ;)

PeterA

I don't know much about Leica lenses, and I think Matt Granger is kind of nutty, but I love what he's doing with the 75mm in this review. It's almost as if it were worth the big stack of monies that Leica is asking for it :)

http://mattgranger.com/noctilux
He has 'discovered' what most fast M lens shooters already know - the easiest way to get the most out of shooting fast Leica glass wide open (what it is designed to be shot at btw) is to put them on a Leica SL and use zoom.

Still - I'll be buying the 90 SL before the 75 Nocti.

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
He has 'discovered' what most fast M lens shooters already know - the easiest way to get the most out of shooting fast Leica glass wide open (what it is designed to be shot at btw) is to put them on a Leica SL and use zoom.

Still - I'll be buying the 90 SL before the 75 Nocti.
I am taking same strategy :thumbup: