The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Art Basel Miami and Monochrom

V

Vivek

Lou, Has it been through the famous Leica sensor replacement? The spots on the sensor, are they removable?

algrove

Lou, Has it been through the famous Leica sensor replacement? The spots on the sensor, are they removable?
Yes, just back about 6 weeks ago on both cameras. Did not look for spots with PS yet. Thanks for reminding me again.

V

Vivek

I see 3 spots (apart from the bird) in frame 2 and one in frame 3. That is why I asked.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Those just look like dust spots to me. The defects in my monochrom sensor (before replacement), showed up as marks with a white ring around them.

V

Vivek

Cindy, Mine also started out like these (as in Lou’s). The proof is in the pudding. If an attempt is made to clean them (heavens forbid! :bugeyes:) and if they do clean up nicely then they are just dust spots.

Those just look like dust spots to me. The defects in my monochrom sensor (before replacement), showed up as marks with a white ring around them.

D&A

Lou, when I look at the 1st image you posted with regards to the type of cap the woman is wearing and then the fishnet outfit in the last image, it reminds me of taking a page out of the 60's, especially the last image in how it's also composed. Nice!

You mentioned "both" cameras received new sensors...one is your monochrome, is the other also a monochrome or M9? I ask because it appears currently, sensor replacements for the monochrome are now running close to 5+ months.

Dave (D&A)

algrove

Lou, when I look at the 1st image you posted with regards to the type of cap the woman is wearing and then the fishnet outfit in the last image, it reminds me of taking a page out of the 60's, especially the last image in how it's also composed. Nice!

You mentioned "both" cameras received new sensors...one is your monochrome, is the other also a monochrome or M9? I ask because it appears currently, sensor replacements for the monochrome are now running close to 5+ months.

Dave (D&A)
Hi Dave
Thanks for your comments.

I have 2 MM1's so that changing lenses is minimized. The beach shots were taken in HEAVY rain and I did change a lens under a dripping umbrella. So that might be how I got some dust spots.

That first image is taken in front of the old Versace house.

algrove

Cindy, Mine also started out like these (as in Lou’s). The proof is in the pudding. If an attempt is made to clean them (heavens forbid! :bugeyes:) and if they do clean up nicely then they are just dust spots.
Vivek
Mine are just back from Leica so it is doubtful these are sensor problems. For me in C1 in order to clean up dust spots I go into PS and that rreates tiffs so I tend to do that very last before storing to my externals.

Why not just enjoy my images and comment on them instead of image spots?

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

Dave (D&A)

I agree, Dave. Al has captured a 60's vibe. I especially like the one of the young woman.

D&A

+1!

Now all we need is to see some pics of Bell Bottom pants and Tie Dye T-shirts. :)

Dave (D&A)