The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With the Leica CL

scott kirkpatrick

How could you miss Tom Dumoulin ?
I don't follow cycling at all. I was expecting to see a pack of riders all come by, but I eventually figured out that the time trials are done one at a time, each rider surrounded by half a dozen vehicles, with spare bikes, cameramen, etc. I found a corner where a sharp downhill stretch was followed by a sharp right turn and an immediate uphill, so that the car with half a dozen spare bikes on top had some trouble making the turn. I caught about a dozen cyclists going by but they started to look all the same, except for shirt colors and sponsor listings. So who is Tom Dumoulin? OK, he started last, and had the best time by two seconds (over 10.9 km). I would have thought they would start the fastest first, but I guess the top riders want to see the split times for the others before they start. I think I have a picture of one of the other riders on his team. It was a good tough course.

scott kirkpatrick

Re: Missing Tom Dumoulin

Well, at least here's a teammate of his, Roy Curvers:

C1050299 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

and a typical follow-up carload, from the BMC team

C1050294 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

and Knees, another Dutch rider from the sound of his name, but with only two bikes on the car and no video crew, I guess he's down in the pack somewhere:

C1050285 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

It was fun, and pretty well attended.

Knorp

I don't follow cycling at all. I was expecting to see a pack of riders all come by, but I eventually figured out that the time trials are done one at a time, each rider surrounded by half a dozen vehicles, with spare bikes, cameramen, etc. I found a corner where a sharp downhill stretch was followed by a sharp right turn and an immediate uphill, so that the car with half a dozen spare bikes on top had some trouble making the turn. I caught about a dozen cyclists going by but they started to look all the same, except for shirt colors and sponsor listings. So who is Tom Dumoulin? OK, he started last, and had the best time by two seconds (over 10.9 km). I would have thought they would start the fastest first, but I guess the top riders want to see the split times for the others before they start. I think I have a picture of one of the other riders on his team. It was a good tough course.
Tom Dumoulin is last year’s winner and that’s why he started last.

Doc Wing

Re: Capture One 11.1 now has CL (and TL2 and some others) profiles

I just downloaded the upgrade release. It comes with quite a few added cameras and lenses supported with profiles. And other stuff that doesn't affect me as much.
How do you like using C1 with Leica CL? Is it an improvement over Lightroom?

scott kirkpatrick

Re: Capture One 11.1 now has CL (and TL2 and some others) profiles

How do you like using C1 with Leica CL? Is it an improvement over Lightroom?
I like it a lot and I never liked LR very much, don't use it now. The new profiles for M10 and CL in C1's latest releases are very good.

RMR

'ON THE WATER IN BOSTON'....What a Great day to go on a swan boat in Boston today May 23, 2018! Taken with my CL, 18-56mm at 32mm, f6.3, iso200, 1/125 sec

L1010823_CL_RMR_May_2018_FB.jpg

Godfrey

Some nice photos with the CL.. :)

I suppose since I'm planning to buy a body, I should get to the camera shop and handle one for a bit. Maybe make a couple of test exposures with it with my lenses. Etc.

The annoyance is that now the nearest two places that have them in stock to look at are over an hour away by car and more than two hours by train. Each way. A PITA... oh well, such it is. I'll make an adventure of it and bring a Polaroid SX-70 along. :D

Knorp

Some nice photos with the CL.. :)

I suppose since I'm planning to buy a body, I should get to the camera shop and handle one for a bit. Maybe make a couple of test exposures with it with my lenses. Etc.

The annoyance is that now the nearest two places that have them in stock to look at are over an hour away by car and more than two hours by train. Each way. A PITA... oh well, such it is. I'll make an adventure of it and bring a Polaroid SX-70 along. :D
Just a whisker over 45 minutes by Guzzi ... :toocool:

Godfrey

Just a whisker over 45 minutes by Guzzi ... :toocool:
Um, you haven't seen traffic around here and in San Francisco lately. Never mind parking time... :(

No, I'll take the train and BART. That way I also have the chance to make some photographs. I really don't like driving around here very much anymore, and riding is even worse. I reserve the use of the car and bike for when I must have them or when I want to enjoy them. :)

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Um, you haven't seen traffic around here and in San Francisco lately. Never mind parking time... :(

No, I'll take the train and BART. That way I also have the chance to make some photographs. I really don't like driving around here very much anymore, and riding is even worse. I reserve the use of the car and bike for when I must have them or when I want to enjoy them. :)
Godfrey,

I have not been there for the last 4 years - did traffic really become that bad nowadays? Good to know when I once come back in a few years what to expect ....

Thanks

Peter