The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With the Leica CL

scott kirkpatrick

I've been playing with very long lenses, made even longer by using them on the CL. Here's an APO Elmarit-180 (270 mm-eff):

C1120130 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

Naturally this all started with moonshots, but the eclipse took place just over the hill from me. Still the CL and my Fuji X-T2, both APS-C, in various brightly illuminated test shots at shutter speeds of 1/125 sec or faster, did better than one LUF forum member who hitched his SL to a 1000mm telescope and showed the red moon. The red illumination required shots of about 5 seconds duration, which is probably the main reason for the difference.

Godfrey

I wanted a portrait of myself in my cycling jersey for the cycle group I participate in. So I fitted the Summilux-R 50mm to the CL, set it up on a tripod, and worked at it for a bit yesterday.

Doing self portraits and making something that isn't goofy is pretty difficult. I tried to use the remote app, but it lacks a self-timer feature (feature request time ... sigh). I finally got something reasonable after about 50 exposures with the self timer...

[/url]
Leica CL + Summilux-R 50mm f/1.4
lSO 800 @ f/2 @ 1/20

Not sure about the grin, but it's better than any of the others. :D

enjoy
G

scott kirkpatrick

It's a curious feature of how the CL is organized that the self-timer isn't on the menu of drive settings. For the M10-D it is, so you can use set the self-timer in Fotos and trigger it with the remote mode of the app.

scott kirkpatrick

Strange things

C1130271 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

C1130256 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

C1130261 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr

I had equipped my CL with the SL 90-280, expecting an hour's worth of Israeli Air Force jets to fly overhead in their annual parade, but the clouds were too low and the hills too high, so they stayed over the beach miles away. I found some flowers and plants instead, which had no problems with the weather. The 90-280 focuses very close for a long zoom. I'll post some closeups over on the LUF.

Godfrey

Had some time on Tuesday to be in San Francisco and walk with the camera. One of a few that I like. :)

Leica CL + Pentax-L 43mm f/1.9 Limited
ISO 100 @ f/2.8 @ 1/800

Enjoy!
G

Godfrey

Another from my San Francisco outing...

Leica CL + Pentax-L 43mm f/1.9 Limited
ISO 100 @ f/2.8 @ 1/250

enjoy!
G

Godfrey

From last Summer in London ..

Leica CL + Elmarit-R 28mm f/2.8
ISO 2500 @ f/4 @ 1/20

(Some of you have seen this photo before if you participated in the Rangefinder Forum "Postcard #11" exchange recently.)

enjoy,
G

Godfrey

I've been having a lot of fun with the Voigtländer 10mm and working ultra-wide squares for a couple of months now. So I thought I'd go normal for a bit and fit my beloved, ancient Leica Summilux 35mm f/1.4 (1972 vintage) ...

Leica CL + Summilux 35mm f/1.4 v2 (1972 vintage)
ISO 2500 @ f/2.8 @ 1/60

It's easy to forget when you're distracted with other things just how beautifully this lens renders even a simple scene. :D

enjoy,
G