The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With the Leica CL

Doc Wing

Hi Folks,

We've seen Jono's great shots and loved them. Now, let's get this show started and post photos from others too!!

Here are 4 photos taken with it. The first two were taken today in cloudy and very cold Rochester with the TL 35mm f1.4. The other two were taken at the Bow Bridge in Central Park and saint Patty/s Cathedral.

Hope you enjoy, Ed

Attachments

RMR

L1000015_CL_RMR_Jan_2018-Edit_FB.jpg

My new Leica CL arrived yesterday! From my first little trip around the neighborhood a couple of hours ago.
ISO400, 18-56mm at 33mm, f4.9, 1/800 sec, processed to taste with LR & OnOne Effects

scott kirkpatrick

Albino Apples

There's a big supermarket in Tel Aviv that stays open on Shabbat (rarer than it sounds) with eye-inspiring fruit and vegetable displays. We usually stop in there on our way to a dinner engagement. These apples were really this color:

C1000461 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr CL 23@ISO 100

so were these:

C1000460 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr @ ISO 250

and these:

C1000464 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr @ ISO 640

The only strange thing is that the automatic color settings that Capture One extracts from the DNG (generic profile) has nearly full magenta shift, along with a plausible color temperature. I wonder if things will change when a supported profile is available.

scott

RMR

L1000028_CL_RMR_Jan_2018_FB-2.jpgL1000031_CL_RMR_Jan_2018_FB-2.jpgL1000096_CL_RMR_Jan_2018_FB.jpg

Traps: CL, 18-56mm at 52mm, f5.5, iso400, 1/320 sec
Tight Lines: CL, 18-56mm at 18mm, f3.5, iso400, 1/1600 sec
Boat: CL, 18-56mm at 18mm, f3.5, iso400, 1/800 sec

All processed in LR to taste
Bob

D&A

You're bringing back fond days of the time I spent living in Mass. and New England.

Dave (D&A)

RMR

You're bringing back fond days of the time I spent living in Mass. and New England.

Dave (D&A)
That's cool Dave. The past 2 weeks have been the coldest spell evah here in New England!

D&A

That's cool Dave. The past 2 weeks have been the coldest spell evah here in New England!
Yes, I know, here to, although I'm just in the mid-Atlantic. I posted a shot in another thread the other day showing my car's dashboard gage showing a morning outdoor temperature of minus 10 degrees F. That doesn't even take into account the wind chill factor. Of course I recall the brutal winds in Boston during the winter... of which a consequence was crisp clear skies for striking photographs.

Dave (D&A)

RMR

I got up for sunrise this morning Jan 11, 2018 and went to Plum Island here in Massachusetts. I was planning to use the SL601 exclusively as I needed to mount the camera on my tripod and use some ND filters for effects. While I was there I figured I'd try the CL at a higher iso since I haven't had a chance to. So this shot is at iso 6400, 22mm (18-56mm lens), f5.6, 1/400 sec. I only used Lightroom here so noise is certainly visible. If anyone has any processing tips that would be great! Thanks.

L1000137_CL_RMR_Jan_2018_FB.jpg

Doc Wing

I am a Bills fan that has felt the 17 year drought of the Bills not being in a playoff. So, last week I flew to Jacksonville from Rochester for the Bills/Jaguars game. As you can imagine, the Bills fans are rabid. Word has it that approximately 30% of the fans in attendance at the game, were Bills fans. Wow! So many were we, that the Jaguars gave us our own lot for a tailgate party and what a party it was. We headed to the Bills assigned spot, Lot X, at 9:00 am. When we got there we saw a sea of Blue with the wackiest and wildest outfits and antics imaginable.

Here are 3 shots commemorating the party BEFORE the game!

Loved the lovely Bills Ballerina

Bills Game25 for web.jpg

Bills fans are not forgiving of players that leave and go to the enemy.

Bills Game20for web.jpg

Need I say more?

L1010079 for web.jpg

RMR

This morning after the snowstorm.....Leica CL, 18-56mm at 43mm, f7.1, iso200, 1/200 sec

L1000179_CL_RMR_Jan_2018-Edit_FB-2.jpg

RMR

Taken Jan. 20, 2018 of Nubble Light in York, Maine. Primarily shooting with my SL but wanted to take a few 'grab' shots with the CL.
Leica CL, 18-56mm at 18mm, iso 200, f6.3 at 1/320 sec. Processing to taste in Lightroom.

L1000196_CL_RMR_Jan_2018_FB-2.jpg

RMR

Here in northern Massachusetts we had an ice storm (Jan. 23rd) with a forecast of rain & 51 deg! LOL. I love New England! I went out with the SL and brought along the CL for a few quick shots here and there. This shot: CL, 18-56mm at 20mm, f7.1, iso 400, 1/125 sec

L1000205_CL_RMR_Jan_2018_FB.jpg

stngoldberg

I am a Bills fan that has felt the 17 year drought of the Bills not being in a playoff. So, last week I flew to Jacksonville from Rochester for the Bills/Jaguars game. As you can imagine, the Bills fans are rabid. Word has it that approximately 30% of the fans in attendance at the game, were Bills fans. Wow! So many were we, that the Jaguars gave us our own lot for a tailgate party and what a party it was. We headed to the Bills assigned spot, Lot X, at 9:00 am. When we got there we saw a sea of Blue with the wackiest and wildest outfits and antics imaginable.

Here are 3 shots commemorating the party BEFORE the game!

Loved the lovely Bills Ballerina

View attachment 131685

Bills fans are not forgiving of players that leave and go to the enemy.

View attachment 131686

Need I say more?

View attachment 131687

As a rabid Boston teams fan, I appreciate the loyalty of of a Bill’s fan
I spent most of my life enduring the “curse of the Babe,” until we finally won a World Series after 80 years.
I remember the Bill’s dominance during the Jim Kelly years; hang in there,TB12 promised to retire in 5 more years!
Stanley

scott kirkpatrick

Re: St. John in the Desert

Visited a site today that I have been meaning to visit for a long time. A small convent and monastery built around a cave believed to have been the sanctuary of John the Baptist, who was born in the hills outside Jerusalem. Two of the chapels on the site, one in the actual cave:

C1010221 by scott kirkpatrick, on Flickr CL with 23/2.0

There's a small album here: https://www.flickr.com/gp/133969392@N05/F5H54G.

scott