The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

red-on-red

Knorp

Oh yes - pretty enough ! Now all combinations of black and silver for body and lens and dot are fine, but really that red dot here ... :facesmack:

ptomsu

Workshop Member
sorry to disturb the positive feelings - but I have never seen such an ugly camera :angry:

Knorp

Wait till you see this rumoured Olympus "Special 100 years anniversary OMD camera" ... :LOL:

V

Vivek

Ugly would be when it is actually used and “brasses”. Red anodized aluminum losing the color is not pretty.

sorry to disturb the positive feelings - but I have never seen such an ugly camera :angry:

ptomsu

Workshop Member
You’ve misunderstood the camera. This is the xmas edition - it’s only supposed to be used in December!
This whole story of special editions in ugly colours makes me start thinking that I misunderstand the current Leica philosophy :angry:

Bernard

This whole story of special editions in ugly colours makes me start thinking that I misunderstand the current Leica philosophy :angry:
Current?
Leica has been making special editions for a very long time, back to the 1920s. My least favourite is the gold R4, it just looks wrong to me.

Sometimes the special editions are beautiful, sometimes they are daring, sometimes they are innovative, sometimes they are decadent.
If they were uncontroversial, then people would complain that Leica isn't trying hard enough, and that Leica's special editions were much better in the past...