The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A short review of the Noctilux 75 M

jonoslack

I'm sorry to hear that. 17 is a very long time, but she always seemed to look alert and involved. I guess your place offered plenty of mice, birds, snakes and lizards...
Are you interviewing candidates for her replacement?
No replacement yet.
We did have 3 cats - Echo, Paris and Gwenvor . . we had Echo (17) and Paris (16) put down on the same day in September and they're buried together in the garden (which is rather awful as they hated each other :) ). Gwenvor is 15, and is Echo's daugter - she was always the undercat, and now she lounges around in the best spots and is getting fatter.

So, no replacements yet!

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Beautiful isolation of subjects with the Noctilux 75 M.

With Dogsong2 I assume extra vignette in post? (Its a look I use a lot for my wildlife)

DB5

It's nice to see a review with less words and more actual pictures, and in such a variety of circumstance and lighting conditions with actual long term use. This is to me how all reviews should be. The photography is stunning Jono. I particularly liked Bier Lane and Light at the end of the Tunnel pictures.

Last edited:

Godfrey

Hi There
Finally I actually finished it!

Just got to reading your article, Jono. Beautiful photos!

It looks to be a lovely lens. The big aperture gives so many options for controlling depth of field, it's wonderful.

I doubt I'm ever going to be in the market for one, but that's irrelevant. I had the 'Lux 75 many years ago and loved its rendering capabilities, this one looks even better. I sold it because I found I only very rarely carried it due to the size and weight; I don't think that's changed.

To know that such tools exist, however, is great ... If I found myself in a special circumstance where this kind of rendering control was needed, I could rent one, make use of it, and enjoy it. :D

Thanks for the excellent impressions article and the beautiful photographs!

G

PeterA

Must get lens to be sure
As always appreciate your postings J

I like the really extreme formulations Leica coughs up - you can orchestrate light watercolour pastel renderings (Monet) all the way through to heavy rich dark oil looks of the Dutch masters - and still enjoy the delicate fragile roll off to fog in bokeh.

Cheers
Pete