The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fine Art Landscape Photography with the Leica M10 - Review

V

Vivek

Lovely photographs, as always, Vieri. Thanks for sharing! :)

Some of the text is confusing.

Framing/focusing: the first two lines.

Regardless of what Leica choose to call an EVF*, you are still dealing with live view.

*Their optical visoflex from the film days is a different beast than the current EVF that they call as “visoflex”, though nothing flexes- no mirrorbox involved.

EVF = EFV?

algrove

It does flex since one can rotate it up to 90 degrees on the M10, your dreaded camera.

Regardless of what Leica choose to call an EVF*, you are still dealing with live view.

*Their optical visoflex from the film days is a different beast than the current EVF that they call as “visoflex”, though nothing flexes- no mirrorbox involved.

EVF = EFV?

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Thank you for the M10 review.

I agree wholeheartedly with your findings with the M10 although I admit to more than a little bias as my M10 & M246 / WATE / 35FLE / 50AA / 90 Elmarit-M make up my portable travel kit that I also bring along as my second system to my IQ3100 or GFX.

I use the EVF really only with the WATE but it certainly beats using the Frankenfinder for that lens. I find the focus peaking very valuable. I pack the handgrip and normal baseplates too and use the Acratech "Knob QR Plate" as it is easy to fit / remove when changing batteries or when I want to just hand carry the M10 without a bulky plate on it.

https://www.acratech.net/categories/quick-release-plates/generic-plates.html

For filters I use the LEE 75 system. Small and compact although alas not able to use with the WATE.

GMB

Very nice review.

One question: How do you correct the color cast for the Voigtländer 15 mm. I tried it our recently and did see quite a bit of magenta cast, in particular when there was a deep blue sky.

Georg

vieri

EVF = EFV?
Thank you very much, I am glad you enjoyed the article and the images :)

About the confusion, I don't see it; the Visoflex is what Leica calls it, so I haven't much choice but calling it Visoflex... ;) Coming from years of looking into a viewfinder, I prefer to use the Visoflex rather than Live View on the back LCD, which feels unnatural to me. Hope it is clear now :)

EVF = EFV sorry for the misspell, corrected now.

It does flex since one can rotate it up to 90 degrees on the M10, your dreaded camera.
True :)

As cute as the mis-nomenclature of Leica. I put in the mirror box bit just for you. :)
Thank you for the M10 review.

I agree wholeheartedly with your findings with the M10 although I admit to more than a little bias as my M10 & M246 / WATE / 35FLE / 50AA / 90 Elmarit-M make up my portable travel kit that I also bring along as my second system to my IQ3100 or GFX.

I use the EVF really only with the WATE but it certainly beats using the Frankenfinder for that lens. I find the focus peaking very valuable. I pack the handgrip and normal baseplates too and use the Acratech "Knob QR Plate" as it is easy to fit / remove when changing batteries or when I want to just hand carry the M10 without a bulky plate on it.

https://www.acratech.net/categories/quick-release-plates/generic-plates.html

For filters I use the LEE 75 system. Small and compact although alas not able to use with the WATE.
Thank you Graham for your comment. For me, precise framing is paramount, and the Visoflex makes getting that much easier. As well, I need filters for all my lenses, hence the 100mm choice - it does work with the WATE, but vignettes at 16mm, hence my Voigtlander 15mm choice (plus, the 15mm is an amazing performer!) :)

Nicely done, thank you!
Thank you very much indeed! :)

Very nice review Vieri with lovely represented images from Iceland!

Dave (D&A)
Thank you very much indeed Dave, glad you enjoyed it! :)

Indeed great review Vieri, many thanks!

Peter
Thank you very much Peter, glad you enjoyed it :)

Very nice review.

One question: How do you correct the color cast for the Voigtländer 15 mm. I tried it our recently and did see quite a bit of magenta cast, in particular when there was a deep blue sky.

Georg
Thank you very much Georg, glad you enjoyed it! :) My Voigtlander 15mm is version III, and it doesn't have any visible cast. Which version are you using?

Best regards,

Vieri