The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

stealthy

Frankly

I don't usually like the special editions but this one is pretty attractive. Not that I'm buying one.

Glow in the dark controls would be nice in my pedestrian cameras....

ChrisLivsey

125 worldwide, all probably spoken for in advance, unless they get back-word then you may see one on "open' sale.

Shashin

So, lets see. You make a black camera so it is unobtrusive, then you add fluorescent markings so they stand out. Stealthy.

Lets forget that a flat black will actually appear lighter than other black finishes and so will not actually achieve the objective of the color. Fortunately, this stealthy camera will only need one lens, otherwise this would appear to be a fashion exercise rather than what it obviously is: an unobtrusive camera for professionals.

Still, beyond the marketing, it looks fun.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Very cool camera :)

Unfortunately, there seems to be some compatibility issue between my bank account and Leica's price list. Hopefully, that will be fixed with the next firmware upgrade :thumbup:

DB5

I really like it. But glow in the dark paint is the furtherest thing from "stealth".

But I wish Leica people would stop saying stealthy.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Light defines a picture ... if it is dark enough to see the glow in the dark markings ... probably a bit dark for me
to be focusing and making pictures.

That said ... gorgeous. Would work without the glowie thing.

Bob

Shashin

Personally, I would have preferred a glowing green body paint with flat black markings--the Ghostbusters edition... :bugeyes:

D&A

I was trying to think about where I remembered seeing lenses with a metal diamond pattern on the focusing ring and green markings on the aperture ring. Now I recall. 1970's and 1980's Olympus OM SLR lenses! As they say "what goes around, comes around" :)

Dave (D&A)

Attachments

Last edited:

Godfrey

Like it, like the minimization of settings into a few easily visible ones.

My M-D is good enough for me. I'd buy one of these anyway if I could afford it. (Well, I probably can but don't want to spend the money... :D)

G

ptomsu

Workshop Member
This camera looks really cool! As many Leica cameras do - even if they are overall not too functional ....

Well this one is in any case too special and too expensive for me, so I easily can pass :cool:

rayyan

Looks beautiful.

Just like women. Some you would take to parties. Very few are those that you would marry.
I will pass on this one...too rich, too spoilt, and very limited functionality. For me, that is.

V

Vivek

Look at this:

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

The one on the left has real metal diamond markings (heavy brass). The Olympus has a rubber ring with a diamond pattern.

The Leitz focus device precedes the Olympus by a few decades.

Also, the green etc markings aren"t exclusively Olympus. Every Japanese manufacturer had them.

Example- Tokina ATX 90/2.5

Top visible light, bottom UV induced visible fluorescence.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

I was trying to think about where I remembered seeing lenses with a metal diamond pattern on the focusing ring and green markings on the aperture ring. Now I recall. 1970's and 1980's Olympus OM SLR lenses! As they say "what goes around, comes around" :)

Dave (D&A)