The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

recommendations for a Leica M strap (Film/Digital)

jdphoto

I'm looking for a strap that is quick to attach and remove. I have an Arte Dimano strap with the traditional wire loop, but want something a bit easier to use.

Godfrey

Peak design has nice, rapid attach/detach strap products: https://www.peakdesign.com/product/straps/

I've been using a Slide Lite on one of my small bags for a while and like it a lot. Either that or the Leash would work well for a Leica M.

(Both my M-D 262 and M4-2 are fitted with a Street Strap in the longer version. Not quick detach, but my favorite strap for any M.)

G

Godfrey

^Was also going to say this. The Leica M strap is the best.
Hmm. I find the standard M strap rather uncomfortable to wear and getting it on and off the camera oriented correctly is more complicated and slower than using simple split rings.

Whatever works well for each person's taste is all that matters. :)

G

jdphoto

For me, it's about being able to quickly install and remove the strap. The Leica straps are nice, Arte Dimano's better and with PD anchors and AD strap...the best
Great input, thank you.

Robert Campbell

I have Matin straps from the UK amazon website.

They are rather stretchy and elastic; the bit around your neck is wider than the rest. They are in 3 pieces; joined up they make up one strap, but remove the long bit for around your neck, and the two small bits make a sort of very short strap for hand carrying. They join up over the top of the camera body. These bits don't come off the lugs very quickly, though.

vieri

What length do you recommend?

Thanks

Bob
Sorry for the late reply - was around shooting for the last week and had sketchy internet connection. It probably depends on how tall you are, and how high you like your camera to end up - I use a 100cm version, and am 185cm tall, but of course YMMV. My suggestion is to get a tape measure and use it as a mock-up strap to decide what the best length for you is :)

Best regards,

Vieri