The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Firmware 1.201 is on the Leica site

Maggie O

I just walked around my house, a veritable obstacle course for AWB, and I'll be damned if the M8's new AWB didn't handle the switch from sunlight to clouds to tungsten, to full spectrum incandescent to fluorescent with panache and aplomb! It nailed every frame!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Seems almost automatic. you sure you have a M8 in your hand my dear. :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Nice welcome is it not

sandymc

For those interested, took a brief look through the lens codes in the new firmware; I can't see any sign of any new codes, so no new M lenses this time round.

Sandy

scott kirkpatrick

For those interested, took a brief look through the lens codes in the new firmware; I can't see any sign of any new codes, so no new M lenses this time round.

Sandy
I also checked that. Same lenses. But they fixed some of the data tables. The correct model number appears for the Summarit 35mm and the maximum aperture of the WATE is no longer 1.0. Carl Bretteville tells me that the meta data handling is unchanged.

Locating the tables that are used for the scene dependent white balance estimateion will take much more careful study.

scott

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
The LCD comes on quicker when turned on now. It shows 0, then the battery level, and finally updates the available shot counter. I think they probably made significant changes to the startup.

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
The AWB really is quite good now! They went from being among the worst to among the best. It's better than the Canons I've used, although they may have improved the last few years as well.

Maggie O

The AWB really is quite good now! They went from being among the worst to among the best. It's better than the Canons I've used, although they may have improved the last few years as well.
S'truth!!

It handles tungsten/fluorescent combos with ease! WOW!

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
AWB is now somewhere between fine and great.
I am completely peeved at Leica's marketing department.
The new web site annoyed me so much I wanted to throw one of my M8s at it (the one that can't tell time).
-bob

Last edited:

simonclivehughes

Well, I just got a mad-scroll incident after turning on the camera, pushing the SET button and down scrolling with the wheel... off it went.

It's interesting also that Leica changed the EV adjustment. You no longer have the same interface as before (as we still have with ISO), now it just changes in a single line.

Daniel

AWB is now somewhere between fine and great.
I am completely peeved at Leica's marketing department.
The new web site annoyed me so much I wanted to throw one of my M8s at it (the one that can't tell time).
-bob
at first i didn't understand why you said this yesterday until i visited the site this morning. ERGH! there ought to be a law against using adobe Flash the way they did! the episodes are so Corny. you want to know what was really in Alex's girl friend's mind? she thought: what, a c-lux 2? you going cheap on me now??? what happened to the M8, and WHERE's the diamond ring?

etrigan63

I did a little test today with multiple light sources and it did very, very well. The shot combines daylight, fluorescent light and incandescent (halogen) light. The image is straight from Lightroom with no adjustments.