The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica CL ... GDG first impressions.

Godfrey

Seems like the Q would be a better choice, for me anyway. I already have a D850 so dont need an ILC
If that's true, Doug, I'm not sure why you even felt the need to comment on this thread.

Regardless, continuing with my first impressions and analysis of the CL in use ...

I've been figuring out my 'standard' configuration for the CL and have edited the functions accessible for right button and FN button down to the minimum set that I actually use. I almost never change the right button from ISO, so that's the only option there, and all the other options I use more occasionally are set on the FN button with one slot to spare. I normally have it either in Self Timer selection mode or EV Compensation mode (for Manual exposure shooting where exposure time is on the left wheel; normally EV comp is on the left wheel). Focus magnification is on the right wheel. Most other options I use frequently enough fit onto the Favorites menu page when I press the Menu button.

I also have two user setups now: standard ones for the R28 and the R50 lenses that I use most of the time. Other lenses I just switch the lens profile to suit. Today I'll create a specialized setup that I*will use over and over again for the negative copy work, and edit down the button assignment options even more tightly for that setup.

Configured this way, the camera is fast and quick to use in nearly all circumstances.

G