The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica M10-P

A Leica M-D based on M10 platform would be pretty damn close. And add the new quiet shutter from M10-P.

Tha’s about all that’s needed - iso, aperture, shutter speed. Wifi & app for adjusting the baseline settings, remote control and wireless image transfer.

Would Leica have better the percentage of new buyers with a tilt screen?
Well, one of the biggest selling points of the M10 over earlier models is that the body is thinner. A tilting screen would make it quite a bit thicker again. I like tilting screens when I can have them, but not at that price...

Godfrey

I saw Joni's review over on DPR first, but needed to thank him yet again for the always informative, readable reviews centered on actually using the cameras.

The M10-P seems a lovely bit of good incremental development on the M10. I'm not presently in the market, being very happy with my M-D/CL bodies and M/R lens kit, but what happens in the future remains unknown until the future happens along, eh? :)

G

ramosa

Thank you, Thank you so much!

As for the M10mono - I would have thought it was almost inevitable, but probably not for a while!

all the best
Jono
That's the one I'm waiting for, Jono! (Thanks for your thoughts on the M10-P, with these improvements--I'd hope--carrying over to the M10 Mono.)

bab

Well, one of the biggest selling points of the M10 over earlier models is that the body is thinner. A tilting screen would make it quite a bit thicker again. I like tilting screens when I can have them, but not at that price...
I like thicker cameras that I can hold with one hand, focus and get a sharp image.

I like thicker cameras that I can hold with one hand, focus and get a sharp image.
Well, the ´thickness´of my M9 and MM1 has never worried me personally; I´ve compared them to my trusty M2, and the difference is quite marginal. But lots of people seem to go on about this, and Leica themselves mentions it. And, any camera can be made much thicker with a half-case (which also makes changing batteries much more ´challenging´....:cool:) And, of course, a tilting screen would be useful sometimes. But the Visoflex EVF does tilt!

retow

Looking great and the thinner body is a step into the right direction. Now if Leica could make the next generation 100grams or so lighter I'd consider upgrading my M9.

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
I'm a week into an M10-P and loving it. The ergonomics are perfect for me - my only quibble is that it would be better for me if the front button could be programed as an exposure lock toggle. The improved eye relief is a game changer for me. I had previously sold my Monochrom and the less used half of my lenses. Happy with the more compact kit.

jonoslack

. L

Here endeth my restrained impoliteness.

............ Chris

And here starteth mine!

I have no idea why anyone needs a level gauge. If there is a wet horizon or a vertical then you don’t need it, but if there isn’t, then as far as I’m concerned ‘level’ is an artistic decision. As for framelines, i shoot mostly with 28 and 75 thank you very much and I don’t want to do without them. Until that halcyon day when Leica figure out how do do single framelines (not at all a simple issue) we are stuck with the double framelines.

Basically Chris, everyone has their own “imperative” all the other camera companies (especially Fuji) listen and implement, but the inevitable result of this is pages of nested menus and Leica are wholeheartedly trying to avoid this.

Best