The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

My very late Leica M10 Review

D&A

Yes, your review of the M10 as you say, is very late, so it doesn't count. :)

Just kidding of course. Thoroughly enjoyed, especially your focusing on specific points and small details that are subjective in nature but which you found could have had been implemented better and why. Some of these are often not mentioned or simply glossed over. A very fair and honest assessment from a users point of view and also enjoyed viewing your accompanied imagery. Thanks!

Dave (D&A)

DB5

Yes, your review of the M10 as you say, is very late, so it doesn't count. :)

Just kidding of course. Thoroughly enjoyed, especially your focusing on specific points and small details that are subjective in nature but which you found could have had been implemented better and why. Some of these are often not mentioned or simply glossed over. A very fair and honest assessment from a users point of view and also enjoyed viewing your accompanied imagery. Thanks!

Dave (D&A)
Nice pictures and a great read!

borge

I just don't understand the need for all these camera reviews, after a couple the device is pretty much a known quantity so beyond those initial few it is up to the individual to make the call to buy it, use it, etc.

It's truly the strangest pursuit and use of time I have ever seen...the new fangled hobby of gear reviews instead of actually making amazing images with it.
Agreed!

DwF

I just don't understand the need for all these camera reviews, after a couple the device is pretty much a known quantity so beyond those initial few it is up to the individual to make the call to buy it, use it, etc.

It's truly the strangest pursuit and use of time I have ever seen...the new fangled hobby of gear reviews instead of actually making amazing images with it.
Different strokes- I found this an enjoyable read, a different take, and Borge's inspiration and the fact that he isn't Sean Reid writing the review made it particularly worthwhile. I greatly respect and enjoy reading Sean Reid so please don't take that wrong. I'm currently too excited about my recently acquired X Vario, and not spending enough time with my MM to begin looking for an M10 at this point, but will probably pull up a couple of reviews like this when the time comes. To me, this falls into human interest that is focused on something that interests me....photography!

David

PeterA

Thank you for posting your 'user review' and sharing your beautifully executed photographs - much appreciated! More informative and interesting than most non-photographer professional BS gear tester reviews!
The M forum oin here these days is fairly quiet - what a pity.

atb
Pete