Site Sponsors

Thread: Contax 645 to Leica M

Post Thanks / Like

Contax 645 to Leica M

I'm searching to use a Contax 645 35mm Lens on a Leica M as a shift lens - Any ideas? Is there a shift adapter out there?
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Contax 645 to Leica M

How do you plan to control the aperture? For a dump adapter, you can always ask Zoerk. But you may not like the price. How about a Nikon Shift lens with M adapter?

Post Thanks / Like

I would use a Contax645 to set it to 11. I am already using a Leica R 28mm PC Lens on the M. But Iím missing some movement. The Contax 645 35mm has image circle of 78 (sharp) to 84 (total) or 70 (what Alpa says). This would result in a vertical movement of around 23mm.

Thatís what Iím looking for.

There is also a 35mm pc lens from Zeiss but with just 11mm shift.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by usm View Post
    I would use a Contax645 to set it to 11.
    How do you set the 35mm Aperture w/o a Contax? Is there an adapter available for your purposes? Mind you, it is electronically controlled. I use this lens from time to time on my (t)rusty S2, but have got the Leica adapter which allows controlling the aperture along with full AF functionality.

Post Thanks / Like

Same thing as with the Canon TS lenses, setting the aperture while using the right camera. There was a Mirex Adapter but not built anymore.

There is a Alpa Adapter for Contax and there is a Alpa to Hasselblad Adapter, maybe there is a way ...
    The Alpa moves 12mm, which is not much.

Post Thanks / Like

Same thing as with the Canon TS lenses, setting the aperture while using the right camera. There was a Mirex Adapter but not built anymore.

There is a Alpa Adapter for Contax and there is a Alpa to Hasselblad Adapter, maybe there is a way ...
    The Alpa moves 12mm, which is not much.
    My lens goes back to max aperture, when you switch the camera off. But maybe it works with unmounting the lens while having the camera on and the aperture closed.

Post Thanks / Like

I just found out that Cambo is offering to modify a Contax 654 35mm lens to use it on a Actus. They will replace the electronic aperture with manual ring and they use the rear for focusing.

My dream would be a Cambo WRS or Arca Swiss rm3di with a big 35mm lens and a Leica M camera adapter which 20mm movements.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I just found out that Cambo is offering to modify a Contax 654 35mm lens to use it on a Actus. They will replace the electronic aperture with manual ring and they use the rear for focusing.

My dream would be a Cambo WRS or Arca Swiss rm3di with a big 35mm lens and a Leica M camera adapter which 20mm movements.
    There is a l39 ltm rear mount on the Cambo Actus. You can use the Leica M through an adapter. Limited movements though.