The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Leica M10-P

Leicadoc

Just a couple of early results after two days. Amazingly quite shutter. Superb quality.phne.jpgsam3.jpg

First image: 35 Summilux ASPH.
Second image: Summilux 75.

Chris C

I have to ask is this shutter quieter than a regular M10?
Hi – I tried one a couple of months ago and found it significantly quieter than my M10. Beware of recorded comparisons; some are misleading because of the comparison method. I think the comparisons vary because of factors such as how far away the mic is from the compared cameras, and hard surfaces like a table to place recorded cameras on. In the hand, the M10-P shutter sound was very discrete. My suspicion is that Leica shutters become even quieter with use, maybe others might confirm that suspicion. The M10's shutter is hardly a noisy one. The greatest noise from the M10-P is from the hideous corporate graffiti etched onto the top plate, but one could always scrape out that naff white paint lettering like we did with the M8 I suppose.

Hope this feedback is useful.

........... Chris

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, the M10-P shutter is much quieter than the M10. In fact is is SO quiet that I have had trouble with models not being able to hear it outdoors forcing me to say something like "click" every time I hit the button.
-bob

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Yes, the M10-P shutter is much quieter than the M10. In fact is is SO quiet that I have had trouble with models not being able to hear it outdoors forcing me to say something like "click" every time I hit the button.
-bob
And this is then called progress ?;)?

Chris C

Weniger wäre mehr, or 'Less is more' :)

Embarrassed to be caught looking at a histogram, or checking horizontality or verticality in one's pictures? Why not go all the way and instead of using a smartphone as the essential add-on to operate a less is more camera without a screen; just use the phone to make pictures.

Despite ridiculous marketing spin; sometimes less is less.

............. Chris