Site Sponsors

Thread: Certified by Leica

Post Thanks / Like

Certified by Leica

Great news today on the Blog!

I am honoured to announce that I have been invited to join the new “Certified by Leica” network of professional photographers since its very start in October 2018. Follow the link to read the article:

https://vieribottazzini.com/2018/11/...-by-leica.html

Best regards,

​​​​​​​Vieri
    Vieri Bottazzini
    Formatt-Hitech Signature Artist | ABIPP EP
    WORKSHOPS | FINE ART PRINTS | PORTFOLIO | THE BLOG
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 9 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Certified by Leica

Complimenti, Vieri. Even more good things for you validating your prowess with the Leica. I finally decided MF was not really working out for me so I have returned to those days of the past when I made magic with the M8 & M9. And a first days streEt walking tour returned gratifying images. I still have my Nikons for landscape, but not sure how long they will last!

BTW, saw a wonderful show on SanGenesio on the BBC.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrew View Post
    Complimenti, Vieri. Even more good things for you validating your prowess with the Leica. I finally decided MF was not really working out for me so I have returned to those days of the past when I made magic with the M8 & M9. And a first days streEt walking tour returned gratifying images. I still have my Nikons for landscape, but not sure how long they will last!

BTW, saw a wonderful show on SanGenesio on the BBC.
    Grazie mille Giovanni! Glad to hear that you went back to Leica, and enjoying it. What are you planning to replace your Nikons with, for landscape?

Best,

Vieri
    Vieri Bottazzini
    Formatt-Hitech Signature Artist | ABIPP EP
    WORKSHOPS | FINE ART PRINTS | PORTFOLIO | THE BLOG

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing planned at the moment. It would be nice if the D810 weighed less, but I don't see the Z series as working for me. Maybe later when they have enough native lenses available...
    But seriously, since I only print to 24" there is little point for new cameras with more resolution. And we both know the little Leica's can print that large without much trouble.

Anyway, best to you and Zeynep. I'm pretty much covered up with making a new house the best it can be but Gian Luigi and I will be doing some shooting together soon.
    Giovanni

Post Thanks / Like

John,
    Perhaps consider the Leica Monochrom (CCD). It's only 18MP's, but produces images that rival 4x5 in resolution. Perfect for street and everything takes on a Fine Art essence. As far as the Nikon Z, I'm going to demo one this week. My opinion (and technology) has evolved on EVF. Plus, the Z 50 mm 1.8 S is getting excellent reviews. One reviewer even compared it to the Otus! Yes, native lenses are scarce right now, but the Noct should start shipping soon. With the ability to zoom in and focus peak, the Z looks great for manual glass. Also, the M to Z adapters by Novoflex should be shipping too. There's one in B/S right now. (no affiliation)
    Last edited by jdphoto; 7th January 2019 at 05:50.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdphoto View Post
    John,
    Perhaps consider the Leica Monochrom (CCD). It's only 18MP's, but produces images that rival 4x5 in resolution. Perfect for street and everything takes on a Fine Art essence. As far as the Nikon Z, I'm going to demo one this week. My opinion (and technology) has evolved on EVF. Plus, the Z 50 mm 1.8 S is getting excellent reviews. One reviewer even compared it to the Otus! Yes, native lenses are scarce right now, but the Noct should start shipping soon. With the ability to zoom in and focus peak, the Z looks great for manual glass. Also, the M to Z adapters by Novoflex should be shipping too. There's one in B/S right now. (no affiliation)
    I have gotten my Novoflex MZ adapter end of Nov 2018 and I find the Z7 plays very well with a lot of the M lenses. I wrote about my initial impressions in this forum's Nikon section.

As my 1.4/35 AIs lens is slightly aged, I finally broke down and added Nikon's new S1.8/35. I thought I would be able to sell it easy enough, in case I would not like it. It quickly became one of my favorites. Superb sharpness, nice out-of-focus transition, quick AF, light and compact. What's not to like. Pricey? Well - actually, I don't think so.
    My Gallery
    Instagram
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

John
    I find M10 images converted to B&W are marvelous and I sold my MM1 CCD Monochrom after using my M10's that way.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Likes 6 Member(s) liked this post