The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FULL FRAME IT"S HERE

gogopix

Subscriber
all cameras are full frame; they fill the sensors, don't they? (just like full frame filled the film, right? could have been bigger, like 36x36 but wasn't.

Why not?
well, because film was only 36x24. that doesn't sound like 'full frame ' to me!

jeesh, I can't wait for the vignetting, cyan, adjustmewnt adjustment software

LOL

sinwen

I remember all the talks before the M8 launch... full frame cannot be done etc... and now what I read ?
Strange...the M8 shell is the same, there isn't more depth nor space inside. They could fit in place a proper IR filter with the right thickness. But within a year they would even upgrade to full frame !!!!
I am flabergasted !!!

TimWright

I remember too when they said the speed of sound couldn't be broken. Point is technology changes and what is impossible yesterday becomes possible today.

jonoslack

I remember all the talks before the M8 launch... full frame cannot be done etc... and now what I read ?
Strange...the M8 shell is the same, there isn't more depth nor space inside. They could fit in place a proper IR filter with the right thickness. But within a year they would even upgrade to full frame !!!!
I am flabergasted !!!
I think that flabbergasted has two 'b's in it (of course, I could be wrong . . . or they could have changed it).
:lecture:

ptomsu

Workshop Member
FF M RF - this is what I am really waiting for!

I love my M8, but if I can use the good old KB format then it will be like heaven.

And I do expect much better ISO coming also with FF :toocool:

O

odyocu

So, Leica has to change the Viewfinder frames too?? No chance. M9 is a more probable alternative.